What is the SPEED Project?
SPEED is a business support project offering tailored support packages for students and graduates of the University of Wolverhampton looking to start a business. Lead by the University of Wolverhampton and part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund; SPEED offer support via Specialist Workshops, Match-Funded Grants, fully funded Business Consultancy and the potential opportunity to access professional office space free of charge for up to 12 months.
The project is open to all students and graduates of the University of Wolverhampton, whose business is or will be trading within the Black Country and Marches, as long as the business has been trading for less than 12 months.
- Anybody in the Black Country and the Marches local economies can apply regardless of whether you have setup your business.
- Students and graduates from ANY subject area have the opportunity to develop their idea into a business to run along their studies, after graduation or alongside employment in a supportive environment.
- For existing businesses an additional support package is offered to existing small to medium sized enterprises, also known as SMEs.
We can assist you with ANY of the following:
- Be your own boss by running your own business
- Work as a freelancer
- Provide you with the opportunity to unleash your creativity
- Turn your business idea into a reality
- Assist you with starting a second career to earn more money
- Turn your hobby into a money making business
- 2 day Business Burst idea generation workshop