The University of Wolverhampton is launching the seventh year of its own Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) scheme to support its strategy to be the University of Opportunity. The traineeship scheme is only available to University of Wolverhampton undergraduates and it will offer the opportunity to gain employment experience in an academic support role, for a fixed period.
The scheme will include a professional development programme leading to the award of PGCE (M) in Post Compulsory Education. GTAs will be trained to teach in Further Education and will also have the opportunity to contribute to teaching in our partner colleges and family schools. GTAs will have an outreach function supporting schools and colleges’ activities. PGCE course fees will be paid whilst GTAs are on the scheme.
How Careers can help
Our Careers team will be able to support you through the application and interview stages of the Graduate Teaching Assistant Scheme. We can provide support in the following areas:
- How to write an effective application form
- Putting together a professional personal statement
- Interview and presentation preparation
- Mock interviews
- Dealing with nerves
LIVE GTA Q&A on Microsoft Teams
Thursday 7 May 2020, 16:00 – 17:00(GMT)
Come along to our Live GTA Q&A for support on how to write an effective application form.
Also in the session you will get a better understanding of:
- What research to carry out and understanding GTA role
- How to successfully market your skills and experiences
- How to structure your personal statement
To book your place at this session email your Full Name, Student Number and Course Title to email@example.com
As part of our Graduate Teaching Assistant support programme, our Careers Advisers will be offering 1-2-1 appointments to help you tailor your application.
Here are some of the issues and questions we can help you with:
- What information to include in your application form
- How to articulate your reasons for wanting to teach
- How to make your education and work experience relevant to the role
- How to write a professional personal statement
The Careers Team have a wealth of resources you can use to apply for the Graduate Teaching Assistant Scheme available through our Career SPACE platform. Here are some of the available resources: