As an international applicant, the International Foundation Year at the University of Wolverhampton will give you a solid base to progress onto and study a selection of our degree programmes, subject to professional body requirements.
We will help you to understand the expectations and academic skills required to study successfully for a degree in the UK.
We offer two start dates for the International Foundation Year in either semester 1 or 2, with the course lasting an academic year.
You will study a mixture of subject-specific modules and more general modules that will expand your English language and learning skills ready for higher education.
You will gain a solid foundation in the key academic skills such as research and referencing that will support degree-level study.
The International Foundation Year:
- introduces your chosen specialist subject
- gives you a solid foundation in key academics skills like research and referencing that will support degree-level study
- develops and improves your academic language skills
- provides a choice of pathways based on your desired subject specialism
- give you educational bridge to study an undergraduate degree of your choice at the University of Wolverhampton (subject to professional body requirements).
By studying the International Foundation Year in Art, you will develop your skills in your chosen subject specialism to a level that will allow you to begin a degree (subject to professional body requirements) at the University of Wolverhampton’s School of Art.
Upon completing the International Foundation Year, you may choose to continue your studies at other UK universities which recognise the programme, we have progression agreements with other UK universities provided you meet their conditions.
The International Academy is Accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English in the UK.