Skip to main content
Institute of Health

Non-Medical Prescribing (V300)

Undergraduate Credit Part-time 1 year

  • Institute Code W75
  • UCAS Code
  • Entry Requirements View
  • Course Specifications View
  • Start Date(s) 6 January 2021, 9 September 2020, 8 September 2021
  • Award Undergraduate Credit
  • Study Mode Part-time
  • Course Length Part-time (1 year)
  • Campus Location Wolverhampton City Campus
  • School Institute of Health

Course Modules

Additional Information

Everything you need to know about this course!

For V300 applicants you must have been registered with the NMC or HCPC for a minimum of one year prior to application for entry onto the programme.

  • You need to have undertaken a health assessment module, or have confirmation from your employer that you are competent in clinical / health assessment, diagnostics / care management, planning and evaluation of care.
  • You will require a practice assessor who is a registered health professional and an experienced prescriber with suitable equivalent qualifications for the programme who is willing to mentor and assess you for 90 hours of prescribing practice.
  • •You need to be registered with an appropriate professional regulatory body (NMC or HCPC).
  • You need to provide evidence of degree level study
  • You will require the support of your employer / manager and Prescribing Lead for your organisation to confirm that your service is one that will be enhanced if you are able to prescribe..
  • Signed declaration of good health and character and confirmation of a current Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) within the nomination form.
  • Access to a prescribing budget
  • Access to CPD
  • You can request an information pack for V300 by emailing
  • Self-funding:

    If you don’t want to take out a loan to pay your fees or if you aren’t eligible to receive a loan, you might want to take advantage of the University’s scheme to pay by instalments: see How to Pay. For more information please contact the Gateway.

    Your employer, embassy or organisation can pay for your Tuition fees:

    If your employer, embassy or organisation agrees to pay all or part of your tuition fees; the University will refer to them as your sponsor and will invoice them for the appropriate amount.

    We must receive notification of sponsorship in writing as soon as possible, and before enrolment, confirming that the sponsor will pay your tuition fees.

    Financial Hardship:

    Students can apply to the Dennis Turner Opportunity Fund. for help with course related costs however this cannot be used for fees or to cover general living costs.

    Bursaries and Scholarships:

    In addition the University also offers a range of Bursaries and Scholarships packages

    You can find more information on the University’s Funding, cost, fee and support pages.


    01902 32 22 22



    Order a prospectus