PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED - WHY NOT TAKE A LOOK AT OUR OTHER PRE-SESSIONAL ENGLISH AND INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION YEAR COURSES AT THE INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY
The Extended International Foundation Year will allow you to develop your capabilities to study in a specific subject as well as enhancing your English language skills. You will develop an understanding of the expectations and the academic skills required to study successfully for a degree in the UK. On successful completion of the course, you will then be able to apply for a degree course at the University of Wolverhampton, subject to professional body requirements.
During the course, you will study a mixture of subject specific modules, for example:
- Introduction to Media & Materials
and more general modules
- Getting Ahead as an International Student - that will expand your English language and learning skills in preparation for your higher education journey.
You are encouraged to increase the benefit of the various tasks undertaken in the general study skills/language modules by applying them to some of the topics from your chosen academic subject.
To summarise, the course will give you;
• An introduction to your chosen specialist subject
• A solid foundation in the key academic skills like research and referencing that will support degree level study.
• Academic language development skills
• A choice of pathways based on your chosen degree course
The International Academy is accredited by the British Council (Accreditation UK) for the quality of English Language provision.
What happens on the course?Why Wolverhampton?Career pathWhat skills will you gain?ModulesEntry requirements Course fees and finance Funding Contact us