The Professional Practice course is intended as a vocational qualification within the construction industry. It satisfies the educational base for becoming a Licentiate Member of the Institute of Clerk of Works and Construction Inspectorate.
In addition, it provides a progression route onto further professionally accredited courses within the School including the BSc (Hons) degrees of Building Surveying, Construction Management, Commercial Management & Quantity Surveying and Quantity Surveying.
The construction and built environment industry is the UK’s largest industry, employing circa 2.35 million people and accounting for typically 8% of UK GDP. The construction industry is responsible for the design, management and construction of spanning the following areas;
• Infrastructure – roads, rail, airports, power stations
• Residential - public and private housing, including repair and maintenance
• Non-domestic buildings - schools, colleges, hospitals, offices, retail, factories, warehouses.
The aim of this course is to develop students/learners with a technical understanding of the Built Environment and associated sector disciplines including the application of proven techniques and theories for the solution of real life problems. Thus the course will;
· address industry’s demand for technicians who can integrate the principles and applications of construction, and apply them to construction projects, in a technical context.
· enable students/ learners to advance their existing careers in construction to a higher level which requires the exercise of technical professional judgement, and the ability to make decisions that reflect an accountable and ethical outlook.
· equip students/learners with a technical understanding of the fundamentals of construction technology, construction law, construction procurement and contracts, environmental and sustainable issues, modern methods of construction and construction project management.
What happens on the course?Why Wolverhampton?Career pathWhat skills will you gain?Modules Course fees and finance Funding Contact us