Institute of Health

Postgraduate Credit Non-Medical Prescribing (V300) Level 7

Postgraduate Credit
Start date(s)
26 September 2023
Course specifications
Course length
Part-time (1 year)
Campus location
Walsall Campus
UCAS points calculator

Why choose this course?

We look forward to receiving your application for V300. Please read the frquently asked questions to answer any queries you may have.

 V300 FAQ v1

You will need to provide / upload the following in addition to your application form:

  • A completed Professional Entry Requirements (PER) form.  Please upload to evision as one single document, fully completed. There is one for nurses and one for AHPs so complete the one relevant to your profession.
  • An original enhanced employer DBS that is less than 3 years old when the course commences. Please upload to evision then email
  • Post-registration experience of 1 year minimum (evident on your application form).
  • Evidence of competence in health assessment (evident on your PER form)
  • Level 6 study (evident on your PER form and copy uploaded to evision)
  • Confirmation of your funder's invoice address if not self funding

Please bear in mind, that there is a high demand for the course, so we have to allocate places to students who upload their application criteria first.  The sooner you are able to upload the information, the higher the chance of receiving a place.  When places are full subsequent applicants are then offered the next available cohort. 

Please note that if you work for Wolverhampton NHS Trust you should approach your non-medical prescribing lead before progressing with your application.

If you are a self-employed applicant (for example in aesthetics), there is an additional form to complete which will be sent to you separately.

Professional Entry Requirement Form (PER)

V300 NURSE PER 2022 (Word doc 763k)

V300 AHP PER 2022 (Word doc 758k)


Course Modules

Additional Information

Everything you need to know about this course!

Location Mode Fee Year
Home Part-time £1777 per year 2022-23

These fees relate to new entrants only for the academic year indicated for entry onto the course, any subsequent years study may be subject to an annual increase, usually in line with inflation.

For V300 applicants you must have been registered with the NMC or HCPC for a minimum of one year prior to application for entry onto the programme.

  • You need to have undertaken a health assessment module, or have confirmation from your employer that you are competent in clinical / health assessment, diagnostics / care management, planning and evaluation of care.
  • You will require a practice assessor who is a registered health professional and an experienced prescriber with suitable equivalent qualifications for the programme who is willing to mentor and assess you for 90 hours of prescribing practice.
  • •You need to be registered with an appropriate professional regulatory body (NMC or HCPC).
  • You need to provide evidence of degree level study
  • You will require the support of your employer / manager and Prescribing Lead for your organisation to confirm that your service is one that will be enhanced if you are able to prescribe..
  • Signed declaration of good health and character and confirmation of a current Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) within the nomination form.
  • Access to a prescribing budget

Postgraduate Loyalty Discount:

You can get 20% discount on a taught postgraduate course if you’re a University of Wolverhampton Graduate.

The University offers a generous 20% Loyalty Discount to students progressing from an undergraduate programme to a taught postgraduate on-site programme, where both courses are University of Wolverhampton Awards.

There is no time limit on how long ago you completed your degree as long as this is your first Masters level qualification.

The discount applies to the first year of enrolment only. Students who receive a loyalty discount are not entitled to any further tuition discount or bursary. For full terms and conditions click here.



If you are paying for the fees yourself then the fees can be paid in 3 instalments: November, January and April. More information can be found by clicking here.


Sponsored - Your employer, embassy or organisation can pay for your Tuition fees:

Your employer, embassy or organisation agrees to pay all or part of your tuition fees; the University will refer to them as your sponsor and will invoice them for the appropriate amount.

We must receive notification of sponsorship in writing as soon as possible, and before enrolment, confirming that the sponsor will pay your tuition fees.


Financial Hardship:

Students can apply to the Dennis Turner Opportunity Fund for help with course related costs however this cannot be used for fees or to cover general living costs.


Charitable Funding:

You might also want to explore the possibility of funding from charitable trusts; please see the following websites Association of Charitable Foundations, Directory of Social Change or Family Action. Most charities and trust funds offer limited bursaries targeted to specific groups of students so you will need to research whether any of them are relevant to your situation.

You can find more information on the University’s Funding, cost, fee and support pages.


01902 32 22 22



Order a prospectus