This course will provide you with the requisite skills to pursue a career in Medicine or a related healthcare discipline, and will provide you with a range of transferrable skills, allowing you to develop as a reflective practitioner in the ever changing world of healthcare. You will gain a great deal of underpinning knowledge, but will also develop an appreciation of clinical skills and disease processes during your studies. At the end, you may wish to further your career aspirations, by applying to a post-graduate entry Medicine course, or you may wish to become a Physicians Associate.
The University of Wolverhampton has a strong widening participation agenda, so we are particularly interested in applications from students who come from groups who are currently under-represented in healthcare professions.
We particularly welcome applications from students who meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Home postcode with low levels of progression to higher educations (POLAR 3 or 4 quintiles 1-2)
- Be in the first generation of their immediate family to attend HE
- Have an annual household income that is below the national average
- Have experienced significant extenuating circumstances that has had a detrimental impact on academic attainment
- Have a disability and be in receipt of a personal independence payment
- Be a young carer
- Be estranged from parents or guardians
- Had experience of public care
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org