As an international applicant, the International Foundation Year will give you a solid base to progress onto and study a selection of our degree programmes, subject to professional body requirements, at the University of Wolverhampton.
We will help you to understand the expectations and academic skills required to study successfully for a degree in the UK.
We offer two start dates for the International Foundation Year in either semester 1 or 2, with the course lasting an academic year.
You will study a mixture of subject-specific modules and more general modules that will expand your English language and learning skills ready for higher education.
You will gain a solid foundation in the key academic skills such as research and referencing that will support degree-level study.
The International Foundation Year:
- introduces your chosen specialist subject
- gives you a solid foundation in key academics skills like research and referencing that will support degree-level study
- develops and improves your academic language skills
- provides a choice of pathways based on your desired subject specialism
- provides an educational bridge to study an undergraduate degree of your choice at the University of Wolverhampton (subject to professional body requirements).
By studying the International Foundation Year in Social Sciences, you will develop skills in your chosen subject specialism to a level that will allow you to begin a degree (subject to professional body requirements) at the University of Wolverhampton’s Faculty of Social Sciences.
The International Academy is accredited by the British Council (Accreditation UK) for the quality of English language provision.