As a dance student at the University of Wolverhampton, you will develop your technical and performance skills, explore your creativity, and deepen you understanding of dance in a wider cultural context. We offer one of the most varied dance degree courses in the UK and you will have unique opportunities to enrich and expand your experience in dance.
Reasons to study with us:
- You will have daily technique classes, training in contemporary, jazz, ballet, musical theatre, street, body conditioning and improvisation throughout the course
- All our staff are practitioners with international performance and research experience
- Our Performance Hub offers outstanding facilities with Harlequin floors and lighting rigs in the dance studios, a fully equipped theatre, recording studios, and a superb library
- We have excellent links with national and international dance organisations in nearby Birmingham and this will enhance your employability and experience in the current industry
- Our world-leading research in dance science informs our teaching and supports your health and well-being as a dancer
The course content includes dance technique and repertoire, choreography, film-making, dance science, dance history, cultural studies, dance education and workshop leadership, work placements, and research projects. You will have the following practical opportunities: performances in our theatres (Walsall and Wolverhampton), performing in local and national arts events, joining Le Loup Dance Company (our student company), front of house and backstage training, and participating in work placements of your choice.
National Student Survey 2018: We achieved an outstanding 100% for overall satisfaction for the course, and 100% for good teaching, 100% for academic support, and 100% for learning opportunities. These excellent results are well above the sector wide scores.
Can't decide which course you love the most? Why not look at our joint option... BA (Hons) Dance and Drama.