Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship
Level 7 - Master of Business Administration
The Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship is designed for individuals who are, or who aspire to be, professional senior managers with responsibility for the strategic leadership and direction of their organisation, division or department. The Apprenticeship is suitable for those working in the private, public and third sectors and for companies of any size.
Over the course of the two years of study on the programme, you will study a diverse portfolio of business-relevant topics including:
• Project Management
• Developing Innovation
• Organising and Leading Change
• Creating and Understanding Ethical Cultures.
On successful completion of the Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship, an individual will be awarded:
• Master of Business Administration
• Chartered Management Institute Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
• Chartered Manager or Chartered Fellows status (depending on experience)
• Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship
Apprentices are required to devote 20% of their normal working time to studying on the programme.
During this time, as an Apprentice you could be studying online modules, attending face-to-face sessions at University, completing an assignment, or meeting with a skills coach/mentor to develop your management and leadership qualities. Learning will focus on the practical application of theory in all aspects of management and will be driven by the latest theories and business practices. You will have the opportunity to base your assignments on your own workplace, giving you additional opportunities to practically apply knowledge and understanding.
Costs associated with providing the degree, skills mentoring and programme management are included in Degree Apprenticeship fees. The fees can be covered using different funding options, depending on the size of the employer.
• Large employers – Businesses with an annual payroll bill exceeding £3 million, and who are subject to the 0.5% Apprenticeship levy, can use the funding in their digital account to cover the cost of the training and assessment elements of the Apprenticeship.*
• Small and medium-sized employers – Businesses that do not have a payroll value of over £3 million and who are not subject to the levy, will be eligible to receive a Government subsidy that covers 95% of the eligible Apprenticeship costs*. Non-levy paying organisations may also be eligible to receive additional employer incentives.
* Please note that currently, neither the Apprenticeship levy nor the 95% Government subsidy can be used to offset salary costs.
To be eligible for the Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship, applicants must be in full-time employment with their employer and be working within England. They will normally need to occupy a senior management position for a minimum of two years and have a first or second class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university (or an equivalent overseas professional qualification). Applications are also welcome from individuals who do not possess the above qualifications but who have significant management experience. Where Apprentices do not have Maths and English at the required level upon entry, support will be provided.