Occupational Therapy Interviews
Once you have applied for one of our Occupational Therapy courses and if you have been shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
Interviews will be On-Campus for those wishing to start in September 2023.
What should you expect?
- The interview will consist of a welcome talk, 30 minutes 1-1 interview, and a campus tour with members of academic teaching staff from the Allied Health team.
- Please ensure that you have read the content on the following webpage (not including all the links/documents) and be prepared to answer questions on it:
- At the start of the interview, you must show a form of picture ID as proof of who the interviewer is talking to. Acceptable documents include a passport, driving license, college ID badge, etc. (please note we do not accept copies).
- There are no tests involved in the selection process.
- You will not be asked to present certificates at your interview. Admissions will ask you for these after the interview if you are offered a place.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course, the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) and visit our open days, come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays.
- Ensure you have read all the guidance sent to you, have you been requested to have any additional information with you? (ID etc.)
- Practice talking about your skills and qualities, giving examples to evidence these.
- Don't forget to check which campus your interview will be based on. This information can be found in your interview e-mail confirmation and on e:Vision.
- Plan your journey- our campuses are well-serviced by public transport. If arriving by car, you may find that some of our campuses will require you to pay for parking. You can find further info on how to find us, here.
- Check out our campus locations and maps to ensure you go to the right building for your interview.
- Undergraduate BSc Occupational Therapy Interviews will take place in William Penny Brookes (WD) Building (next to the Sport Centre) at our Walsall Campus. Please arrive on the first floor and take a seat on the landing.
- Postgraduate MSc Occupational Therapy Interviews will take place in Angad Paul (SA) Building at our Telford Campus. Upon arrival please wait in the foyer/canteen area.
*Occupational Therapy courses include BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy, BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy with Foundation Year and MSc Occupational Therapy.