Multimedia Journalism Recordings and Review Meetings
Once you have applied for our BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism course and have been shortlisted, you will be asked to provide an audio recording and be invited to attend a portfolio review meeting. This is an opportunity to show us who you are and your potential.
Portfolio Reviews will be On-Campus for those wishing to start in September 2023.
Hints and Tips on what we expect of your recording
- You can record yourself with your mobile phone, or tablet or you can use any other recording device.
- You could start with “Good afternoon, my name is… and here are the top stories of the day.”
- Do some research by listening to some examples of a news bulletin on a radio station.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course and visit our open days to come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays.
- Ensure you have read all the guidance that has been sent to you, have you been requested to bring any additional information with you? (ID etc.)
- You will not be asked to present certificates at your interview. Admissions will ask you for these after the interview if you are offered a place.
On-Campus Portfolio Reviews
- Don't forget to check which campus your interview will be based on. This information can be found in your interview e-mail confirmation and on e:Vision.
- Plan your journey- our campuses are well-serviced by public transport. If arriving by car, you may find that some of our campuses will require you to pay for parking. You can find further info on how to find us, here.
- Check out our campus locations and maps to ensure you go to the right building for your interview.
- Please arrive at the George Wallis (MK) Building at our Wolverhampton City Campus. Upon arrival please take a seat in the foyer.