Community Development Work and Youth Work Interviews
Once you have applied for one of our Community Development Work and Youth Work courses and have been shortlisted, you will be invited for an informal interview.
Details on 2023 entry will be given on this webpage soon.
What should you expect?
- The interview will last around 30 minutes and will be with a member of academic subject staff from the course team.
- At the start of the interview, you may be asked to show a form of picture ID as proof of who the interviewer is talking to. Acceptable documents include passport, driving license, college ID badge, etc. (please note we do not accept copies).
- You will not be asked to present certificates at your interview. Admissions will ask you for these after the interview if you are offered a place.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course and visit our open days, come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays.
- Practice talking about your skills and qualities, giving examples to evidence these.
- Have you downloaded Microsoft Teams ready onto your device? Read our full guidance on ensuring you are set up and ready for your online interview.
- You’ll be sent a link to your interview on Microsoft Teams via email usually just before your interview time, not far in advance. In this email, there should be a 'Join meeting' link.
- Please ensure you have your photographic ID ready, a fully charged device and you have your e-mail account open on this device no later than 10 minutes before your interview time.
- Ensure you are away from any loud noise or distractions which could interfere with your interview.
- Click the ‘Join meeting’ link 5-10 minutes before your interview time.
*Community Development Work and Youth Work courses include BA (Hons) Community Development Work and Youth Work and BA (Hons) Community Development Work and Youth Work with Foundation Year.