Social Work Interviews
Once you have applied for one of our Social Work courses and have been shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
What should you expect?
- You’ll be sent a link to your selection day on Microsoft Teams via email in advance. In this email, there should be a 'Join meeting' link. Just before your interview time, press 'Join meeting'.
- You will also be sent possible group discussion topics to read before the date.
- The selection day will consist of:
9:30-10:00 – Presentation and Q&A
10:00-10:45 – Group Discussion
11:00 – 12:30 and 13:00-16:30 – Interviews (allocated times)
- Your interview will be with a member of academic teaching staff from the Social Work team and a Service User.
- At the start of the interview, you must show a form of picture ID as proof of who the interviewer is talking to.
- Good luck!
*Social Work courses include BA (Hons) Social Work and MA Social Work
- Have you downloaded Microsoft Teams ready onto your device? Search for the download link via a search engine, App Store, Play Store etc. Once downloaded, no need to create an account or log in.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course, visit our open days and postgraduate open evenings, come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays
- Ensure you have read all the guidance that has been sent to you, have you been requested to bring any additional information with you? (ID etc.)