Secondary Education Interviews
Once you have applied for one of our Secondary Education courses* and have been shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
What should you expect?
- You’ll be sent a link to your interview on Microsoft Teams via email in advance. In this email, there should be a 'Join meeting' link. Just before your interview time, press 'Join meeting'.
- The interview will last around 30 minutes and will be with a member of academic subject staff from the Secondary Education team.
- In some cases, for some subjects, the subject leader or admissions unit may ask you to complete a pre-interview task or bring an item to the interview (e.g. Design portfolio etc.).
- At the start of the interview, you must show a form of picture ID as proof of who the interviewer is talking to.
- During the interview stage you will be asked some questions that will assess your readiness to train to teach.
- If you have applied for a School Direct course you may be required to have a school visit, in addition to an interview, requested directly from the School Direct Alliance you have applied for - you will be informed of this via e-mail.
- Good luck!
*Secondary Education courses include BSc (Hons) Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geography, Urban Environments and Climate Change, Mathematics or Physics with Secondary Education (QTS), BA (Hons) Drama, English or History with Secondary Education (QTS); PGCE Secondary Education in Art & Design, Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Dance, Design & Technology, Drama, English, Geography, History, Mathematics, Modern Foreign Languages, Physical Education, Physical Education with *EBACC Subject*, Physics, Psychology and Social Sciences, School Direct Tuition and School Direct Salaried (limited subject areas).
- Have you downloaded Microsoft Teams ready onto your device? Search for the download link via a search engine, App Store, Play Store etc. Once downloaded, no need to create an account or log in.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course, visit our open days and postgraduate open evenings, come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays/
- Ensure you have read all the guidance that has been sent to you, have you been requested to bring any additional information with you? (ID etc.)