Primary Education Interviews
Once you have applied for one of our Primary Education courses* and have been shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
What should you expect?
- You’ll be sent a link to your interview on Microsoft Teams via email in advance. In this email, there should be a 'Join meeting' link. Just before your interview time, press 'Join meeting'.
- The interview will last around 30 minutes and will be with a member of academic teaching staff from the Primary Education team.
- You must have completed the reading task asked of you before the interview, as one of the questions will relate to this.
- At the start of the interview, you must show a form of picture ID as proof of who the interviewer is talking to.
- During the interview stage you will be asked some questions that will assess your readiness to train to teach.
- If you have applied for a School Direct course you may be required to have a school visit, in addition to an interview, requested directly from the School Direct Alliance you have applied for - you will be informed of this via e-mail.
- Good luck!
*Primary Education courses include BA (Hons) Primary Education, PGCE Primary Education, PGCE Primary with Mathematics, School Direct Tuition and School Direct Salaried.
- Have you downloaded Microsoft Teams ready onto your device? Search for the download link via a search engine, App Store, Play Store etc. Once downloaded, no need to create an account or log in.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course, visit our open days and postgraduate open evenings, come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays
- Ensure you have read all the guidance that has been sent to you, have you been requested to bring any additional information with you? (ID etc.)