Post Compulsory Education Interviews
Once you have applied for one of our Post Compulsory Education courses* and have been shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
What should you expect?
- You’ll be sent a link to your interview on Microsoft Teams via email in advance. In this email, there should be a 'Join meeting' link. Just before your interview time, press 'Join meeting'.
- The interview will last around 30-40 minutes and will be with a member of academic subject staff from the Post Compulsory Education team (and in some cases partner college staff).
- You will have been asked to ensure you have produced a pre-interview task that can be sent in advance of the interview date to email@example.com.
- At the start of the interview, you must show a form of picture ID as proof of who the interviewer is talking to.
- During the interview stage you will be asked some questions that will assess your readiness to train to teach.
- If you have applied for the Professional Graduate Certificate in Post Compulsory Education course you may be required to do an additional task, in addition to an interview, requested directly from the partner college you have applied for - if this is the case you will be informed of this via e-mail.
- Good luck!
*Post Compulsory Education courses include PGCE Post Compulsory Education and Professional Graduate Certificate in Post Compulsory Education.
- Have you downloaded Microsoft Teams ready onto your device? Search for the download link via a search engine, App Store, Play Store etc. Once downloaded, no need to create an account or log in.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course, visit our postgraduate open evenings, come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays
- Ensure you have read all the guidance that has been sent to you, have you been requested to bring any additional information with you? (ID etc.)