Skip to main content

Nursing and midwifery applications

The way you apply for health courses depends on the type of course in which you are interested.

First, you need to establish the right course for you. This dictates whether you apply to UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) or direct to the University.

If you require further advice, contact the Institute Health Professions, or the University's Gateway.

Pre-registration programmes

Apply via UCAS for:

  • Registered Nurse, BNurs (Hons)
  • Registered Midwife, BSc (Hons)
  • Registered Midwife, BSc (Hons) (Shortened route)

Further help is available in our frequently asked questions; alternatively fill out an enquiry form or tel: 0800 953 3222.

Undergraduate and postgraduate programmes

Apply via UCAS for:

  • FD (Arts) Community Health and Social Care
  • BSc (Hons) Health Studies (Single or Joint Honours)

For all other programmes. Simply locate the course in our course finder and follow the link to how you need to submit your application.  

Further help is available in the School of Health and Wellbeing's undergraduate and postgraduate prospectuses; fill out an enquiry form or contact our Course Enquiries Unit on or 0800 953 3222 to request your copy.