BA (Hons) Acting
If your application is successful you will be invited to audition. We understand that this may make you feel nervous but please don't be! We want you to enjoy the experience so we are here to put you at ease and help you to perform to your best.
Here's some more information about the audition process and some tips for the day.
You will need to prepare the following before your audition:
Two contrasting monologues, each lasting no more than two minutes. Both pieces must come from published scripts and be learnt. (No film, television or musical theatre scripts, please). One of the pieces should be from a play written in the last 20 years. The other should be from a contrasting time period or genre such as Shakespeare (blank verse) but can be any time period/ genre of your choosing as long as it is a contrast.
On the day of your audition you will:
- Perform your monologues.
- Participate in a group drama workshop.
- Take part in an interview where you will share your knowledge and experience of theatre.
- Have the opportunity to learn more about the course
- Take a tour around our excellent facilities at the Performance Hub
- Check the timings and location of your audition. We are based on the Walsall Campus. Ideally arrive at least 15 minutes before your call time.
- Come appropriately attired; loose, comfortable clothing is ideal!
- Be prepared to work with staff and other applicants. We are looking for students who work well in a team and can listen to, and apply feedback.
We are assessing your...
- Choice of appropriate monologues and your understanding of the play texts
- Quality of performance skills in voice and physicality
- Ability to respond creatively to a task
- Ability to work effectively as part of a group
- Ability to be analytical and insightful in discussion
- Ability to articulate answers clearly