Maria’s professional experience has focused on online media, corporate communications and international journalism. She has worked as online editor as well as PR manager in different Chilean media outlets and institutions. Her professional activity includes developing media content for multimedia platforms as well as implementing media strategies for corporate communications. As foreign correspondent, Maria has covered political and economic affairs in Europe and Central America for Spanish speaking newspapers and magazines, such as the economic magazine America Economia. She was awarded the Prize for Economic Journalism by the CAF-Development Bank of Latin America and Instituto de la Empresa. Maria’s joined the University of Wolverhampton in 2015 where she teaches journalism related modules. Her academic interested includes political culture and media, and multimedia journalism in the global south.
- PhD in Politics, University of Nottingham (UK),
- MBA, Pontifical Catholic University of Valparaiso (Chile),
- PGDip in Marking and Management, Pontifical Catholic University of Valparaiso (Chile),
- BA in Media Studies and Journalism, Pontifical Catholic University of Valparaiso (Chile),
- BA in History, University of Valparaiso (Chile).