Senior Lecturer - Fine Art (Public Realm)
Gavin Rogers is an international artist, performer and socially engaged researcher living and working in the United Kingdom. His practice is situated across a range of media from performance to sculpture. Gavin has particular interest in the area of identity; juxtaposing, stereotyping and discovering personal, social and psychogeographical identities though visual, textual and verbal languages.
- Cultural Policy,
- Arts Pedagogy,
- Community Engaged Practice,
- Politics as practice.
- BA (Hons) Fine Art,
- MA Culture, Creativity and Entrepreneurship,
- MPhil Community Engaged Practice,
- PGDip Professional Research Practice,
- PhD Whose Art is it? Representing and testing Cultural Visions of a City. (Pending Award),
- Advanced Certificate in Singing and Vocal Techniques,
- ONC Level 3 Mentoring.
External papers and conferences:
- Victoria University, Melbourne – My city and me. April 2014,
- Monash University, Melbourne – Performance Ethnography: Discovering Cities. Paper and Seminar. April 2014,
- Presented a paper at TATE Gallery, London, as part of the DCMS conference,
- DMCS ‘Arts Education’ Conference at the London School of Economics, May 2013,
- Fly on the wall - 5th Annual Research Practice Conference, Nottingham Trent University, 2013,
- Wise Wanderings – SPACE and the Humanities Research Cluster, School of Design and Built Environment, Nottingham Trent University, 2012,
- Public Engagement in Research – Presented a seminar session and Lecture as part of the Postgraduate Research Festival, ADBE, Nottingham Trent University, 2013.
- Teaching and curating for the Fulbright Institute (UK/USA),
- Curriculum design for the National Saturday Art and Design Club (Sorrell Foundation),
- Art exhibitions - Group and Solo (UK, USA, Australia),
- Art residencies and academic conferences - (UK, Australia),
- Curating exhibitions - (Birmingham, Leeds, Nottingham, Wolverhampton, London),
- Education and outreach consultancy (Aimhigher, Leeds City Council, Derby City Council).