I completed my PhD in Finance from Middlesex University in July 2014. My thesis investigated the effect of corporate credit ratings on the leverage of UK firms over the period 1989 to 2010. I used Standard and Poor's and Fitch corporate credit ratings in my analysis. My empirical analysis looked at the importance of ratings in determining debt leverage and the source of debt during a period of severe financial crisis and examined whether the effect on leverage of possessing a credit rating is correlated with credit market conditions. My empirical analysis demonstrated a strong link between credit ratings and corporate leverage with the effect being stronger during times of tighter credit markets.
My main research interest is in the area of corporate finance. I am currently conducting research in the following areas:
- Impact of Credit Ratings on Corporate Leverage
- Credit Market Conditions and Access to Finance
- Determinants of Debt Structure
- Debt Structure in Europe
PhD supervision in the area of corporate finance:
- Determinants of corporate capital structure
- Access to finance and credit market conditions
Sep 2015 – Jul 2016: Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education and Professional Practice, University of Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Sep 2009 – Jul 2014: PhD in Finance: “The Role of Credit Ratings in Determining Capital Structure”, Middlesex University Business School
Sep 2008 – Sep 2009: MSc in Research Methods (w/distinction), Middlesex University Business School
Sep 2006 –Sep 2008: MSc in Money Banking and Finance (w/distinction), Middlesex University Business School
- Judge A. and A. Korzhenitskaya, 2013, Banking on Bonds, The Treasurer, October, pp.28-29.
- Judge, A., and Korzhenitskaya, A., 2012. Credit market conditions and the impact of access to the public debt market on corporate leverage. International Review of Financial Analysis, 25 (C), pp. 28-63
- Judge A. and A. Korzhenitskaya, 2013, Beating the Squeeze, The Treasurer, April, pp.32-23.
- Empirical Finance (Econometrics)
- Corporate Finance
- Quantitative Analysis
- Banking Regulation and Supervision