Staff Profile: Dr Saidunnabi Piyal
Dr Saidunnabi Piyal used to work as a Law Tutor in the School of Law of the University of Aberdeen and currently, he is working as a Lecturer in the School of Law at the University of Wolverhampton. His teaching areas are Land Law, Commercial Law and Intellectual Property Law. He teaches students in Wolverhampton on the LLB and LLM(CPE) and LLM(Oil&Gas). Dr Piyal’s research interests lie mainly in the areas of Property Law, Comparative Private Law (especially property in mixed legal systems), Commercial Law and Intellectual Property Law.
Dr Piyal’s teaching responsibilities include:
- Land Law: Module Leader
- Commercial Law: Module Leader
- Intellectual Property Law: Module Leader
- LLM(CPE): Course Leader
- BA(Hons) Business & Law: Course Leader
- BA(Hons) Human Resource Management and Law: Course Leader
- BA (Hons) Law and Accounting: Course Leader
- PG Cert. in Academic Practice in Higher Education: University of Wolverhampton, UK
- PhD in Law: University of Aberdeen, UK
- LLM: University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- LLB (Hons): University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Bar Vocational Course: Legal Education and Training Institute, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Dr Saidunnabi Piyal likes to supervise research students in the areas of Property Law, Comparative Private Law (especially property in mixed legal systems), Commercial Law and Intellectual Property Law.
- ‘Ownership of land without Earth’ (ISBN: 978-3-8433-9266-2)
Articles Contribution (Newspaper & Website)
- Contributed papers on ‘Evaluation on national mortgage rescue schemes.’ in Fourth Annual Staff Conference, University of Wolverhampton, UK.
- Contributed papers on ‘Establishment of Apartment Ownership Schemes in South Asia’ in UKNCCL Research Student Workshop, Pembroke College, University of Cambridge, UK.
- Contributed papers on ‘Comparative Analysis as to the Establishment of Condominium’ in Scottish Association for Comparative Law, School of Law, University of Dundee, UK.
Membership of Professional Bodies and Advisory Committees
- Higher Education Academy (Fellow)
- Society of Legal Scholars (Member)
- Global Alliance for Justice Education (Member)