Call for Panellists
We invite proposals for panellists and papers for the 2013 British Society of Criminology Annual Conference.
We welcome suggestions originating from areas covered by last year’s streams or completely new ideas. These can be both academic analysis orientated or practitioner centred. Potential streams currently in development are ‘True Crime as a Media Genre’, ‘Green Criminology’ and a policing strand.
For your information last year’s papers were developed around:
- Criminology at the Edge – challenging disciplinary boundaries within criminological discourses.
- Borderless Crime and Boundless insecurities – cyber crime, international and organised crime; policing and law enforcement across national boundaries.
- Comparative and Global Criminology – criminology between and across national borders.
- Criminal Justice at the Edge – working across sector and organisational boundaries.
- Crimes of the Powerful – Crimes of the Powerless.
- Crime Cultures – fictional meets factional imageries of crime and justice.
- Teaching Criminology: ‘Blended Learning’? – new developments in teaching and learning in undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral criminological programmes.
- There was also a themed day on 'Sexual Violence' This could be a strand for this year’s event.
Submit a paper:
If you would like to submit a paper please download and complete the relevant form below:
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS NOW THE 10th May 2013
Panel submission form
Single or joint author abstract
Expression of interest: