Pardeep is a lecturer in mathematics and statistics.
Prior to joining the University, Pardeep worked for a number of years as a research and development scientist in the natural gas industry. This involved producing mathematical models of fluid flow and heat transfer processes, the design and development of new products for the industrial and commercial market and subsequent field testing of those products. He also provided consulting expertise in gas powered air conditioning systems and in combined heat and power systems.
Pardeep also has several years’ experience in the actuarial profession, where he specialised in asset-liability modelling for defined benefit pension schemes, but also gained experience in defined contribution pensions and in life assurance products.
Pardeep teaches across a broad range of topic areas within the mathematics and statistics course portfolio, specialising in financial mathematics.
Pardeep is a member of the university’s Statistical Cybermetrics Research Group. The following is a list of his recent publications:
- Thelwall, M. & Sud, P. (2016). National, disciplinary and temporal variations in the extent to which articles with more authors have more impact: Evidence from a geometric field normalised citation indicator. Journal of Informetrics, 10(1),48-61.
- Thelwall, M., & Sud, P. (2015). Mendeley Readership Counts: An Investigation of Temporal and Disciplinary Differences. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 67(12), 3036-3050.
- Thelwall, M., & Sud, P. (2015). Not All International Collaboration s Beneficial: The Mendeley Readership and Citation Impact of Biochemical Research Collaboration. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 67(8), 1849-1857.
- Thelwall, M. & Sud, P. (2014). Linked title mentions: a new automated link search candidate. Scientometrics, 101(3), 1831-1849.
- Thelwall, M. & Sud, P. (2014). Evaluating altmetrics. Scientometrics, 98(2), 1131-1143.
- Thelwall, M. & Sud, P. (2014). Substance without citation: evaluating the online impact of grey literature. Scientometrics, 98(2), 797-806.
- Thelwall, M. & Sud, P. (2014). No citation advantage for monograph-based collaborations? Journal of Informetrics, 8(1), 276-283.
- Thelwall, M., Sud, P. & Wilkinson, D. (2012). Link and co-inlink network diagrams with URL citations or title mentions. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 63(4), 805-816.
- Thelwall, M., Sud, P., & Vis, F. (2012). Commenting on YouTube videos: From Guatemalan rock to El Big Bang. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 63(3), 616–629.
10. Thelwall, M, & Sud, P. (2012). Webometric research with the Bing Search API 2.0. Journal of Informetrics, 6(1), 44-52.
11. Thelwall, M. & Sud, P. (2011). A comparison of methods for collecting web citation data for academic organizations. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 62(8), 1488-1497.
Member of the Institute of Physics.