Sammy is qualified as a Chartered Surveyor and Chartered Builder / Construction Manager and Chartered Building Engineer with MSc as well as post grad. qualification from Bristol University. Visiting Professor of Shenzhen Polytechnic since 2005.
Before moving into academia, Sammy worked as a project engineer and planning engineer for AMEC group plc. He previously worked for Gammon Construction (Hong Kong)Ltd. as a planning engineer.
He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building as well as the Chartered Association of Building Engineer. He is also a governor of the Royal Wolverhampton School, Magistrate (West Midlands) and immediate past president of the Rotary Club in Wolverhampton.
Engineering and site surveying, construction planning
Internationalisation in Higher Education
Construction Planning and Management
Fellow status of:
• Chartered Institute of Building (FCIOB)
• Association of Building Engineers (FCABE)
• Architecture and Surveying Institute (FASI)
Corporate member of:
• Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
Member of other associations, voluntary and charitable organisations
• School Governor (Royal Wolverhampton School)
• Justice of the Peace JP (Magistrate), West Midlands Commission areas
• Association of Managers and Governors UK
• Magistrates Association UK
• Rotary International Great Britain and Ireland
• Rotary Club of Tettenhall UK (Immediate Past President)
1) Wu G., Chung, S., LEI, T. (2014) The significant analysis of monetary policy factor’s effects on housing price―Evidence from China’s 35 large-to-medium Sized Cities (Guang Dong Social Science Foundation)
2) Chung, S., Wu G (2012) The Internationalisation of UK's HE in Construction Department – The Success Factors of Exporting Education to China, CRIOCM2012
3) Chung, S., Wu, G.(2009) The Effect of Departmental Leadership in Higher Educational Institution, ICISE 2009
4) Wu, G., Wang, Q., Chung, S. (2009) Inflation Personal Disposable Income and House Price Fluctuation: Shenzhen 2000 - 2008. International Conference on Construction and Real Estate Management 2009 (ICCREM 2009)
5) Chung, S (2006) Article on Overseas Law Review: Insight into Experience of a Chinese as Magistrate in UK (Huazhong Law Review 2006 - ISBN 7-301-10423-5/D,1429- p.435 - p.447, Beijing University Press)