Dr. Georgakis obtained his PhD from Wolverhampton University for the development of a platform for the integration of Intelligent Transport Systems. He has worked on a number of EPSRC and European FP research projects. Part of his postdoctoral worked examined systems design integration for marine applications as part of the EU-FP VRShips Project. He has a number of peer reviewed publications in areas such as intelligent transportation systems, integrated ICT platforms and frameworks, decision support systems and other. Current research interests involve the application of numerical methods and artificial intelligence techniques for the analysis of various measures and strategies and their performance on motorway and urban networks.
Intelligent Transportation System, Transportation modelling and simulation, Intelligent integrated systems
- Nzekwe-Excel, C., Nwagboso, C., Georgakis, P., Proverbs, D., (2008) An Approach for Evaluating the Satisfaction of a Construction Project Team, ARCOM Conference, The 24th Annual Association of Researchers in Construction Management, University of Glamorgan Wales UK.
- Yusuf S.A., Georgakis P., Nwagboso C., "Fuzzy Logic Based Built Environment Impact Assessment for Urban Regeneration Simulation,"IEEE Visualisation, International Conference in, pp. 90-95, 2009 Second International Conference in Visualisation, 2009.
- Zhou W, Heesom D, Georgakis P, Nwagboso C, Feng A (2009) An interactive approach to collaborative 4D construction planning, ITcon Vol. 14, Special Issue Technology Strategies for Collaborative Working , pg. 30-47.
- Mills, P., Georgakis, P. (2010), Analysis of a diagnostic and support programme for improved learning of Civil Engineering students, Engineering Education 2010, 6 - 8 July 2010, Aston University, UK.
- Fadiya, O, Georgakis, P, Chinyio, E and Nwagboso, C (2010) Development of an ICT-based logistics framework for the construction industry. In: Egbu, C (Ed.), 26th Annual ARCOM Conference, Leeds. Association of Researchers in Construction Management, Vol. 1, 63-72.
Nzekwe-Excel, C, Nwagboso, C, Georgakis, P and Proverbs, D (2010) Integrated framework for satisfaction assessment in construction sector. Journal of Engineering, Design and Technology, 8(2), 168-88.
- Yusuf S.A, Georgakis, P. Nwagboso, C., (2010) , Review of modelling, visualisation and artificial intelligent methodologies for built environment applications, The Built & Human Environment Review, Vol. 3.
- Syed A. Yusuf, Panagiotis Georgakis,Christopher Nwagboso (2011), Procedural lot generation for evolutionary urban layout optimization in urban regeneration decision support, ITcon Vol. 16, pg. 357-380.
- Wei Zhou, Panagiotis Georgakis, David Heesom, Xiandong Feng, (2011), A Model-Based Groupware Solution for Distributed Real-Time Collaborative 4D Planning via Teamwork, Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering.
Olusanjo O. Fadiya, Panagiotis Georgakis, Ezekiel Chinyio and Chris Nwagboso (2012). "Perceptions of Building Contractors Concerning Plant Theft." International Journal of Architecture, Engineering and Construction, 1(1), 47-54.