Dr Marina Bock is Lecturer in Civil Engineering in the School of Architecture and Built Environment at the University of Wolverhampton. She is a General member of the Institutions of Civil Engineers (ICE). She is engaged in teaching at undergraduate level.
PhD in Structural engineering. Department of Construction Engineering - Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), Barcelona, Spain.
Degree in Civil Engineering (5-year course equivalent to MSc). School of Civil Engineering - Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), Barcelona, Spain.
Bachelor in Civil Engineering (3-year course equivalent to BEng). School of Civil Engineering - Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), Barcelona, Spain.
Dr Marina Bock has worked as a Structural engineer for AECOM in the Bridges and transportation section in the Birmingham office undertaking inspection, assessment and design of various structures. She has also acquired experience working for Tata Steel R&D in the Structural Design and Integrity group leading cutting edge research projects to develop steel products for residential applications.
Structural analysis, structural design, steel structures, stainless steels, thin-walled structures, steel cladding, physical testing, numerical modelling, inspection of masonry bridges, assessment of masonry bridges, modern methods of construction, sandwich panels
Her principal research interests, in respect of which she has co-authored more than 10 journal articles and coference contributions, lie in the areas of structural testing, numerical modelling and the development of novel design approaches for steel structures. She has been involved in European and national funded research projects that have led to valuable contributions for designing with steel alloys.
General member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (GMICE)
· Bock M, Real E. Effective width equations accounting for element interaction for cold-formed stainless steel square and rectangular hollow sections. Structures (IStructE) 2015, 2, pp. 81-90. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.istruc.2015.02.003.
· Bock M, Mirada FX, Real E. Statistical evaluation of a new resistance model for cold-formed stainless steel cross- sections subjected to web crippling. International Journal of Steel Structures 2015, 1, pp. 227-244. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1007/s13296-015-3017-1
· Bock M, Arrayago I, Real E. Experiments on cold-formed ferritic stainless steel slender sections. Journal of Constructional Steel Research 2015, 109, pp. 13-23. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2015.02.005
· Bock M, Gardner L, Real E. Material and local buckling response of ferritic stainless steel sections. Thin- Walled Structures 2015, 89, pp. 131-141. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2014.12.012
· Bock M, Real E. Strength curves for web crippling design of cold-formed stainless steel hat sections. Thin- Walled Structures 2014, 85, pp. 93-105. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2014.07.021
· Bock M, Arrayago I, Real E, Mirambell E. Study of web crippling in ferritic stainless steel cold-formed sections. Thin-Walled Structures 2013, 69, pp. 29-44. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tws.2013.03.015 · Bock M, Chacón R, Mirambell E, Real E. Hybrid steel plate girders subjected to patch loading. Steel
Construction 2012, 5, pp. 3-9. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1002/stco.201200001 · Chacón R, Bock M, Real E. Longitudinally stiffened hybrid steel plate girders subjected to Patch Loading.
Journal of Constructional Steel Research 2011, 67, pp. 1310-24. DOI:
dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2011.03.013 · Bock M, Real E, Mirambell E. Strength curves for web crippling design – First approach for stainless steel
hat sections based on numerical analyses. Proceedings of the 7th Eurosteel conference. Naples, Italy;
September 10-12, 2014, pp. 41-2. · Arrayago I, Bock M, Real E. Preliminary study on the resistance of ferritic stainless steel cross-sections
under combined loading. Proceedings of the 7th Eurosteel conference. Naples, Italy; September 10-12,
2014, pp. 35-6. · Bock M, Arrayago I, Real E, Mirambell E. Study of web crippling in ferritic stainless steel cold-formed
sections. 4th International Experts Seminar. Ascot, UK; December 6-7, 2012.