Dr. Oloke is a chartered civil engineer who has extensive interest in sustainable construction research, knowledge transfer and consultancy. Prior to this time, he had worked internationally as a consultant and lecturer in civil/infrastructural engineering. However, he joined the University of Wolverhampton in September 2000 and between 2003 and 2005, the built environment department was part of a £2.5m European Social Funding (ESF) programme under which he was responsible for the training of Managers of Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs). He has offered consultancy advise for various civil and structural engineering projects worth over £100million.
He facilitated training on various aspects of Construction Health and Safety and Electronic Project Management. As an off-shoot of the work, several Journal Papers focused on enhancing the development of practitioners' knowledge of Construction Health and Safety Practice were published in the Journal of Education in the Built Environment.
Furthermore, three PhD students were also commissioned to work on Accident Prevention, Competence Assessment and Cost-Benefits of Health and Safety Programme Implementation between 2003 and 2009 out of which several Journal publications were completed and further research work was commissioned. Such publications included those in the: International Journal of Safety, ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering and International Journal of IT in Construction (IT-CON) amongst others. Outcome of these programmes were all also published in the Construction Industry Board (CIB) Health and Safety Research Round up. Other similar PhDs had since been delivered including Health and Safety in Lean Construction and others between 2010 and 2013 with a wide ranging Journal and Conference publications.He has sice supervised a wider range of Built Environment PhDs with several publications accompanying the projects
He has also been a member of the Institution of Civil Engineers' (ICE) Health and Safety Expert Panel and the Health and Safety Register from 2005 till Date and further serves as a Reviewer for intending Registrants (chartered civil engineers). His work with the ICE allowed him to be engaged as a chapter author and co-editor of the ICE Construction Health and Safety Manual which was published in June 2010. The second Edition has also been published since 2015. His research interests continue to span a wide range of built environment sustainability themes and is engaging more with industrial collaborators and institutions across Europe and the rest of the world.
Recent Journal Publications
- Okeyinka O.M., Oloke D.A., Khatib J.M., (2017), Strength and Stiffness Properties of the Optimum Mix Composition of Cement-less Wastepaper-based Lightweight Block (CWLB). WSEAS Transactions on Environment and Development. Vol. 13, pp. 335-345
- Chinyio E, Al-Shamisi HA, Oloke D, Mushatat S (2017) A Practical Framework for Implementing Distributed Leadership by Abu Dhabi Police. J Civil Environ Eng 7: 275. doi: 10.4172/2165-784X.1000275
- Okeyinka O.M., Oloke D.A., Khatib J.M., (2017), Optimisation of Mix Composition of Cement-less Wastepaper-based Lightweight Block (CWLB). International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Vol.2, pp.25-34
- Abdullahi, H.G., Fullen, M.A. and Oloke, D. (2016). Socio-economic effects of drought in the semi-arid Sahel: a review. International Journal of Advances in Science Engineering and Technology, 1: 95-99. DOI (IJASEAT-IRAJ-DOI-3925)
- Faisal Alqahtani, Ezekiel Chinyio, Sabah Mushatat, David Oloke (2016) The Links between the Values of Abu-Dhabi Police and the Competencies of Their Project Manager. Journal of Engineering and Architecture, 3(2), pp. 157-169.
- Ahiakwo, O, Oloke, D, Suresh, S and Khatib, J. (2015) Implementing the Last Planer System in Road Construction Project in Nigeria. Built Environment Journal, Volume 12, No. 2, ISSN 1675-5022
- Lade, O. and Oloke, D. (2015) Modelling rainwater system harvesting in Ibadan, Nigeria: Application to a residential apartment. American Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture, 3(3), pp. 86-100 http://pubs.sciepub.com/ajcea/3/3/5.
- Lade, O. and Oloke, D. (2015). Rainwater harvesting in Nigeria: Socioeconomic survey and common water supply practices. American Journal of Water Resources, 3(3), pp. 61-72 doi: 10.12691/ajwr-3-3-1.
- Lade, O. and Oloke, D. (2015) Decision support tool for selecting appropriate sustainable rainwater harvesting based system in Ibadan, Nigeria. International Journal of Engineering Research and Management, 2 (3), pp. 33-40, March Edition (ISSN: 2349-2058)
- Egenti, C. Khatib, J.M., Oloke, D. (2014) Conceptualisation and Pilot Study of Shelled Compressed Earth Block for Sustainable Housing in Nigeria. International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment. [Available online at Science Direct: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsbe.2014.05.002]
- Lade, O and Oloke, D (2013)
Assessment of Rainwater Harvesting Potential in Ibadan, Nigeria
Environ. Engineering Research, 2013 June, 18 (2): 1-4
- Lade, O, Oloke, D, Chinyio, C and Fullen, M (2013)
Potential for potable water savings by using rainwater: A Case study of Ibadan, Nigeria
International Journal of Advancements in Research & Technology, Volume 2, Issue4, April-2013, 117, ISSN 2278-7763
- Lade, O, Oloke, D, Chinyio, C and Fullen, M (2013)
A Cost Analysis of Rainwater Cistern Systems: A Case Study for Ibadan, Nigeria.
International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research Volume 4, Issue3, March-2013 ISSN 2229-5518, IJSER © 2013, http://www.ijser.org
- Egenti, C., Khatib, J. and Oloke, D (2013) Appropriate Design and Construction of Earth Buildings: Contesting Issues of Protection against Cost. African Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences , 5(2), pp.102- 106.
- Bashir A. M., Suresh S., Oloke, D. A., Proverbs, D. G. and Gameson R. (2013) “Health and safety benefits of Lean Construction Practice in the UK Contracting Organisations”. Journal of International Real Estates and Construction Studies, Vol, 2, Issue 1-2.
- Obasi, N. and Oloke, D (2013)
Flow Distribution Design Charts For Bifurcation At Convex Channel Curvature International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 3, Issue 2, March -April 2013, pp.1395-1403
17. Oloke, D (2012) Sustainable Housing Retrofit Development using Wholelife Costing
OIDA International Journal of Sustainable Development, Vol. 05, No. 03, pp. 129-138, 2012. Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2172552
- Elias Ikpe, Felix Hammond, David Oloke (2012)
Cost-Benefit Analysis for Accident Prevention in Construction Projects
Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Aug 2012, Vol. 138, No. 8, pp. 991-998
- Obasi, N, Oloke, D, and Agwumba, J (2012)
Effect of off-take Angles on Spatial distribution of Silt Materials at Concave Channel Bifurcation. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 2, Issue 5, 2012, pp. 528-534
- Lade, O, Oloke, D, Chinyio, C and Fullen, M (2012)
Use of Multi-criteria Decision Analysis Methods for Water Supply Problems: A Framework for Improved Rainwater Harvesting. Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering. Vol. 1, No. 7A, July 2012, pp. 909-917
Recent Refereed International Conferences
- Oloke D. (2017) Improving Information Quality and Communication effectiveness in Health and Safety Management of Refurbishment Projects – A Case Study Approach. Proceedings of the Joint CIB W099 and TG59 International Safety, Health, and People in Construction Conference, Cape Town, South Africa, June 11-13, 2017.
- Okeyinka O.M., Oloke D.A., Khatib J.M., (2017), Characteristics of the Fresh Mixture of a Novel Cement-less Wastepaper-based Lightweight Block (CWLB) and Its Molding Processes. Proceedings of the 9th Biennial International Structural Engineering and Construction Conference (ISEC-9), Resilient Structures and Sustainable Construction, Eds. Pellicer, et al., 24-29 July 2017, Valencia Spain. ISEC Press, ISBN: 978-0-9960437-4-8
- Oloke D. (2017) Improving Structural Safety in the Alteration and Refurbishment of Old Buildings. Proceedings of IABSE Workshop Helsinki 2017, Ignorance, uncertainty and human errors in structural engineering, Helsinki, Finland, February 15-16, 2017
- Okeyinka O.M., Oloke D.A., Khatib J.M. (2016) Salient Parameters Influencing the Strength Properties of Cement-Less Wastepaper Based Lightweight Block. Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Sustainable Construction Materials and Technologies (SCMT4) [online]. http://www.claisse.info/2016%20papers/S147.pdf University of Nevada, Nevada, Las Vegas, 7-11 August.
- Oloke D. (2016) Sustainable Housing Retrofit Project Delivery: A Conceptual Framework. Proceedings of the WBC16 Conference, Tampere, Finland, June 2016
- Okeyinka O.M., Oloke D.A., Khatib J.M., (2015) The use of solid waste materials in the production of building materials: A review. Proceedings of the International Conference on Sustainable Building and Architectural Engineering (ICSDEC 2015) [online], http://waset.org/publications/10003128/a-review-on-recycled-use-of-solid-wastes-in-building-materials. France. 30-31 December.
- Oloke D (2015) Integrating Emerging Technologies for the Efficient Management of Health and Safety in Alteration and Refurbishment Projects. Proceedings of the CIBW99 Construction Health and Safety Conference, Belfast, Northern Island, September 2015
- Oloke D (2015) A Review of Building Retrofit in UK West Midlands Social Housing Organisations: Exploring Challenges and Replication Potentials. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Environmental and Geological Science and Engineering, World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society Conference, Salerno, Italy, June 2015.
- Olugboye. Oloke. D, Ankrah and Coker A.O (2015) Exploring potential of Self Supply in peri-urban area toward sustainable WASH service delivery. Proceeding of International conference on Sustainable Water Management, Murdoch University, Perth Australia
- Olugboye D. and Oloke D. (2015) Exploring the potential of community Based water resources management approach toward sustainable WASH service delivery. Proceedings of international conference on sustainable development, September 23-24, 2015,Columbia University New York, NY
- O. M. Okeyinka, D. A. Oloke, J. M. Khatib (2015), “A review of recycle use of post-consumer waste paper in construction”, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Bio-based Building Materials (ICBBM 2015), Eds. Amziane & Sonebi, 21-24 June 2015, Claremont-Ferrand, France. RILEM publication, pp 711-717, ISBN PRO 99: 978-2-35158-154 4 https://sites.google.com/site/icbbm2015/home
- Oriyomi M. Okeyinka, David A. Oloke, Khatib Jamal, (2015), Development of Environmental friendly lightweight building block. Proceedings of the 2nd International Sustainable Building Symposium (ISBS 2015), 28-30 May, 2015, Ankara, Turkey
- Ephraim D., Oloke D., and Fullen M. (2014). Urbanisation and Water insecurity in Nigeria: A Study of Abuja Metropolis, Nigeria. Proceedeings of the Water Efficiency Conference 2014, 9-11 September 2014, Brighton, UK: WATEF Network/University of Brighton. P134-144
- Oloke D (2014) Improving Construction Health and Safety Management in Structural Alteration and Basement Construction to Existing Structures. Proceedings of the CIBW99 Construction Health and Safety Conference, Lund, Sweden, June 2014
- Oriyomi M. Okeyinka, David A. Oloke, Khatib Jamal, (2014,) "Waste paper A resource for sustainability in the construction Industry", Proceedings of the III International Workshop on Earthquake and Sustainable Materials (IWESM,2014 ) , Eskisehir, Turkey , 24th June 2014, pp 133-144
- McAleenan, M. and Oloke, D. (Eds). (2015)
ICE Manual of Health and Safety in Construction,2nd Edition, ICE Publishing, London
- Oloke, D. A (2012)
Web-Based Off-Highway Plant Information Management System – Managing Construction, Mining and Agricultural Plant Productivity, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, USA, ISBN: 978-3-8484-4526-4, May 2012.
- McAleenan, M. and Oloke, D. (Eds). (2010)
ICE Manual of Health and Safety in Construction, ICE Publishing, London
- Oloke, D and McAleenan, P (2017)
Developing Health and Safety Competence for People in Construction, Chapter 2, Eds. Emuze and Smallwood, Taylor & Francis, 2 Park Square, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon, UK, OX14 4RN
- Oloke, D (2015)
Responsibilities of Key Duty Holders in Construction Design and Management, Chapter 3, in ICE Manual of Health and Safety in Construction, 2nd Edition. Eds. McAleenan and Oloke, ICE Publishing, London
- Oloke, D. A and Olugboye D. (2014)
An Overview of Management Issues in developing Sustainable Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Chapter 27, in Water Resources for the Built Environment, Eds. Booth and Charlesworth, Wiley Publishers.
- Oloke, D (2010)
Responsibilities of Key Duty Holders in Construction Design and Management, Chapter 3, in ICE Manual of Health and Safety in Construction. Eds. McAleenan and Oloke, ICE Publishing, London
Examples of Recently Completed PhD Programmes
Sustainable Housing Development
Lean Construction in Nigeria
Sustainable Buildings using Compressed Earth
Risk Management in Fasttrack Construction Projects
Potential PhD Programmes
Sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Projects
Innovative Deep Retrofit for Sustainable Housing
Influence of Urbanisation on Groundwater Resources
Construction Health and Safety Education
Sustainable Renewal Energy for Rural Communities
Knowledge Based Management of Construction Projects
Smart City Approach to Housing Retrofit Development