Previous experience includes leading the Economics and Business Department at Secondary school level, also leading on Enterprise across the curriculum. I have worked as an examiner and writer for OCR examination board.
Currently I am in an interim role as Head of ITT Partnerships, leading on PGCE and School Direct placements, co-ordinating mentoring practice, with responsibility for improvement planning and Partnerships Self Evaluation for Ofsted. As School Direct Salaried programme Lead Tutor, my job responsibilities include:
- Liaising with schools to set up employment-based initial teacher training programmes.
- Promoting School Direct programmes through regional networks.
- Setting up and maintaining quality assurance of processes and related documentation for internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitoring and quality assuring individual training programmes for salaried trainees across a range of subjects.
- Delivering Professional Studies and Subject sessions for the Salaried School Direct and PGCE programmes.
- Developing and delivering mentor training for Professional tutors and School Based tutors.
Links between mentoring and trainee professional development are areas of particular interest to me and have led to my research on how trainee use of emotional intelligence, impacts upon individual professional development. More recently I have developed three mentoring modules at Masters level, designed to enhance CPD for mentors who support trainees in our Partnership schools, leading to the award of a Post Graduate Certificate in Mentoring in Schools.
I have recently completed the University KUDOS programme leading to the award of Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.