Birmingham and Solihull Foundation Mental Health Trust – Modern Matron The Barberry Centre Birmingham West Midlands
The position has the following responsibilities:
- Clinical accountability for a group of community and inpatient teams, with authority to ensure the best use of the resources necessary to sort out the fundamentals and quality of care, backed up by the appropriate administrative support.
- Ensuring the quality of the service user experience is improved by providing front line employees with the necessary authority to prevent or to remedy shortcomings or failings in processes, systems, facilities and services that contribute to patient care.
- Responsible for developing and implementing standards across the Trust by strengthening professional clinical leadership at team level.
North Sydney & Central Coast Local Health Districts (NSCCLHD’s) – Area Clinical Nurse Consultant 3 Clinical Practice Development Mental Health, Macquarie Hospital North Ryde, Sydney, NSW, Australia
This area mental health role had a number of facets in closely supporting the Director of Mental Health Nursing in:
- Strategic planning and development of the mental health-nursing workforce
- Provision of expert clinical / professional leadership in Mental Health Nursing
- Provision of expert Mental Health nursing consultancy across the NSCCLHD’s
- Policy Development
- Liaison external to the NSCCLHD’s related to mental health issues including general health services, and associated key stakeholders such as Non-Governmental organisations
- Development and provision of formal and informal education programmes
- Clinical practice review
- Staff professional development
- Clinical supervision
- Project management
I was also a member of the following NSW Department of Health Committees;
- Mental Health Online Professional Development Programme
- Mental Health Education Training and Support Group
North Sydney Central Coast Area Health – Area Clinical Nurse Consultant Complex and Challenging Mental Health Behaviours, NSW, Australia.
This area role had a number of facets including:
- Provision of an Area Clinical/Risk Management Consultancy Service for patient presenting with high-risk complex and challenging behaviours (high risk civilian patients).
- Training area staff in cognitive behavioural skills for working with patients with anxiety, depression and psychosis
- Training area staff in violence risk assessment and associated clinical management strategies.
- Training University of Technology NSW pre graduate mental health students in working with personality disorders and complex and challenging mental health presentations.
- Implementation and evaluation of a model of care based on the philosophy of Low Conflict and High Therapy within the Mental Health Intensive Care Unit utilising care zoning and protective therapeutic time initiatives.
- Provision of an Area Clinical Management Consultancy Service for the wider area implementation of care zoning as a joint clinical lead for this clinical practice improvement team.
- Joint Project Manager Reduction of Seclusion and Restraint.