• Tsouroufli, M. ‘Gendered and classed negotiations of ‘good’ mother and academic in the post-feminist era: The experiences of Greek academics’ European Journal of Women’s Studies, December 2017
• Tsouroufli, M. (2018) ‘‘Playing it right?’ Gendered performances of professional respectability and ‘authenticity’ in Greek academia’’, Journal of International Women’s Studies, January issue, Vol 19, No. 1.
• Tsouroufli, M. ‘Gender, Pedagogical identities and academic professionalism in Greek Medical Schools, Gender and Education, Published first on line 7th December 2016
• Tsouroufli, M. (2015). ‘Hybrid identities, emotions and experiences of inclusion/exclusion of international PhD students in England’ Interdisciplinary Perspectives in Equality and Diversity, Vol.1, No.1
• Tsouroufli, M. Malcolm, I. (2015). Editorial, Special Issue of Medical Education, ‘Equality, Diversity and Fairness in Medical Education: International perspectives’, Medical Educ, Vol.49, No. 1, 4-6 DOI: 10.1111/medu.12601
• Hampden-Thompson, G., Jeffes, J. Lord, P., Bramley, G. Davies, I. Tsouroufli, M., Sundaram, V. (2015). ‘Teachers’ views on students’ experiences of community involvement and citizenship education’ Education, C8itizenship and Social Justice Journal, 10 (1). pp. 67-78. ISSN 1746-1979
• Tsouroufli, M. Davies, I. Hampden-Thompson, G. Sundaram, V., Lord, P. Jeffes, J., (2014). ‘Diversity, difference and communities in secondary schools in England’, The International Journal of Community Diversity, Volume 13, Issue 2, September 2014, pp.1-17. ISSN 2327-0004
• Davies, I., Hampden Thompson, G., Calhoun,J., Bramley, G., Tsouroufli, M., Sundaram, V. Lord P. and Jeffes, J. (2013). ‘Young people’s community engagement: what does the research evidence tell us?’ British Educational Research Journal, 61, 3, 327-343. DOI:10.1080/00071005.2013.808316
• Davies, I., Hampden-Thompson, G., Tsouroufli, M., Sundaram, V., Lord, P., Jeffes, J., and Bramley, G. (2012). Editorial. Special Issue ‘Citizenship and Community’ Journal of Social Sciences Education, Vol. 11. No.3: 3-5.
• Tsouroufli, M. (2012). ‘Breaking in and breaking out a Medical School: Feminist Academic Interrupted’, Special Issue on ‘Being a Feminist Academic’ Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Journal, Vol. 13, No. 5. pp. 467-483.
• Tsouroufli, M. Ozbilgin, M. (2012). ‘Gender and discourses of independent learning in medical education’, Global Education Review, Vol.1, No. 1, pp. 36-47.
• Tsouroufli, M. Ozbilgin, M. Smith, M. (2011). ‘Gendered forms of othering in UK hospital medicine: Nostalgia as resistance against the modern doctor’ Special Issue: ‘Understanding the dynamic of careers and identities through multiple strands of equality’, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. Vol. 30, No.6. 498-509.
• Ozbilgin, M. Tsouroufli, M. Smith, M. (2011) ‘Understanding the interplay of time, gender and professionalism in UK Hospital Medicine, Social Science and Medicine, Vol. 72, No. 10. pp. 1588-94.
• Tsouroufli, M. Rees, CE., Monrouxe, L. Sundaram, V. (2011) ‘Gender, Identities and Intersectionality in medical education research, Medical Education, 45, pp. 213-216.
• Tsouroufli, M. (2011) ‘Routinization and constraints on informed choice in one-stop clinic offering first trimester chromosomal antenatal screening for Down’s syndrome’. Midwifery, 27, pp. 431-436
• Pozadzki, P. Stockl, A., Musonda, P. Tsouroufli, M. (2010) A mixed method approach to sense of coherence, health behaviours, self-efficacy and optimism: Towards the operationalization of positive health attitudes. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology, 51, pp. 246-252.
• Tsouroufli, M. Payne, H. (2008) ‘Consultant Medical Teachers, Modernising Medical Careers (MMC) and the European Working Time Directive (EWTD): Tensions and Challenges in a Changing Medical Education Context, BMC Medical Education, 8:31
• Lindenmeyer, A., Griffiths, F., Green, E., Thompson, D., Tsouroufli, M. (2008) Family Health Narratives: midlife women’s concepts of vulnerability to illness, Health, 12:3
• Hundt-Lewando, G., Sandall, J., Spencer, K., Heyman, B., Williams, C., Grellier, R., Pitson, L. Tsouroufli, M. (2008) ‘ Experiences of 1st Trimester Prenatal Screening in a One Stop Clinic’, British Journal of Midwifery, 16, 3, pp. 156-159.
• Griffiths, F., Green, E. Tsouroufli, M. (2005) The nature of medical evidence and its inherent uncertainty for the clinical consultation: the example of midlife women, British Medical Journal, 330:511
• Tsouroufli, M. (2002) Gender and Teachers’ Classroom Practice, Gender and Education, Vol. 14, No.2, pp. 135-147
Outputs in preparation
• Tsouroufli, M. Griffin, H., Anderson, J., Belgeonne, C.Nagy, B. Mihalko, V., Rédai, D. Fodor, E., Sobieraj, A. Maffei,C., Martini, A., Ulivieri, S., Biemmi, B., Guerrini, V. ‘Gender equity in secondary schools across the UK, Hungary and Italy’, Book proposal for edited book, Palgrave Gender and Education series, submitted October 2017
• Tsouroufli, M. ‘An examination of the Athena SWAN initiative, its breath, focus, successes and execution’ In Strategies for resisting sexism in the academy – Edited book for Pan Macmillan, chapter to be submitted in February 2018 and book publication scheduled for October 2018
• Tsouroufli, M. and Lewis, L. Teachers and young people’s views about gender stereotyping and gender based violence in UK schools’ Gender and Education, to be submittedJune 2018
• Tsouroufli, M. ‘Feminist sisterhood, gender trauma and therapeutic relationships in research supervision’ Gender, Work and Organisation, to be submitted October 2018
• Mikuska, E. Tsouroufli, M. ‘‘Gendered discourses of the ‘good’ early years practitioner’’, Gender and Education, to be submitted November 2018
• Tsouroufli, M. Khan, T ‘Teachers’ negotiating gendered and racialized professional identities in classroom teaching about forced marriages in secondary schools in England’ Gender, Work and Organisation, to be submitted December 2018
• Tsouroufli, M., Ndimande-Nare, G. ‘Good girls do not have sex’: Teachers’ discourses of gender in the implementation of the Life Skills, Sexuality and AIDS/HIV programme in Zimbabwe, Gender and Education, to be submitted January 2019
• Glendenning, F. and Tsouroufli, M. ‘Subject switchers: Gender and Identity construction in mathematics education’, Journal of Gender Studies, to be submitted February 2019
• Tsouroufli, M. and Walton, A. Gendered performativity in a post-1992 University, Gender and Education, to be submitted July 2019
• Blower, A. Tsouroufli, M. Carodia, N ‘Boys of the Black Country: An investigation into progression of disadvantaged white males from the Midlands region to UK Higher Education institutions’, Studies in Higher Education, to be submitted February 2020
• Moldokova, A. Tsouroufli, M. Suresh, S. ‘The Gendered Academic Careers of migrant women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEMM), Gender and Education, to be submitted April 2020
Tsouroufli et al.2017 ‘Developing Gender Equality Charter Marks (GECM) to overcome gender stereotyping in public education across Europe’ British Educational Research Association (BERA) blog
Tsouroufli et al. 2016. Developing gender equality charter markers, new EU Horizon 2020 project https://ipedjournal.com/2017/03/22/new-research-project-developing-whole-school-gender-equality-charter-marks/
Tsouroufli, M. 2015. ‘Internationalisation of Medical Education: Hierarchies, Inequalities and Future Directions’ Interdisciplinary Perspectives in Equality and Diversityhttp://ipedjournal.com/2015/03/30/viewpoint-internationalisation-of-medical-education-hierarchies-inequalities-and-future-directions/
Tsouroufli, M. 2015. Book review, White, K. ‘Keeping Women in Science’, in Interdisciplinary Perspectives in Equality and Diversity, Vol.1, No. 1.
Thorpe, T., Davies, I., Hampden-Thompson, G., Sundaram, V., Tsouroufli, M., Jeffes, J., Lord, P. & Bramley, G.2013. Creating citizenship communities: materials for learning, University ofYork.
Publications in professional journals
1. Davies, I., Hampden-Thompson, G., Tsouroufli, M., Lord, P., Jeffes, J. & Sundaram, V. (2012) ‘Creating citizenship communities’ Research brief, part 1, Teaching Citizenship, 32.
2. Tsouroufli, M., Davies, I., Hampden-Thompson, G., Sundaram, V., Jeffes, J. & Lord, P. 2012 ‘Creating citizenship communities’ Research brief, part 2, Teaching Citizenship, 33.
3. Davies, I., Sundaram, V., Hampden-Thompson, G., Tsouroufli, M. Lord, P., Jeffes, J. (2012). ‘Creating citizenship communities, Research brief part 3, Teaching Citizenship, 34.
4. Davies, I., Hampden-Thompson, G., Sundaram V., Tsouroufli, M., Jeffes, J. & Lord, P. (2012) ‘Creating citizenship communities’ Research brief, part 4, Teaching Citizenship, 34.
• Tsouroufli, M. Siller, H. Morgan, A., Retai, D., Shonumi, V. H. Guest editors of Special Issue of IPED journal, ‘Gender-based violence in Schools: International Perspectives’, proposal accepted, special issue to be published in November 2018
• Tsouroufli, M. Malcolm, I. Guest editors of Special Issue of Medical Education, ‘Equality, Diversity and Fairness in Medical Education: International perspectives’, Medical Education, January 2015
• Davies, I. Hampden-Thompson, G. Tsouroufli, M. Sundaram, V. Lord, P. Jeffes, J., Bramley, G. (2012) Guest editors of Special issue of Social Sciences Education ‘Citizenship and Community’, October Vol.11, No.3 pp. 108-119.
• Davies, I., Sundaram, V. Hampden Thompson, G., Tsouroufli, M., Calhoun,J., Bramley, G., Lord P. and Jeffes, J. 'Creating citizenship communities: education, young people and the role of schools' Palgrave, July 2014
• Tsouroufli, M. (Eds.) ‘Gender, Careers and Inequalities in Medicine and Medical Education: International perspectives’, Series: Equality at Work (Series Editor M. Ozbilgin), Emerald September 2015, ISBN: 978-178441-690-4
Chapters in edited books
• Tsouroufli, M. Sundaram, V. ‘Young people’s understandings of communities in English schools: Fieldwork findings’: in Davies, I. et al. (Eds.) ‘‘Creating citizenship communities: education, young people and the role of schools' Palgrave, July 2014
• Seraj, S. Tsouroufli, M. Branine, M. ‘Gender, mentoring and social capital in the National Health Service in Scotland’ in Tsouroufli (Eds.) ‘Gender, Careers and Inequalities in Medicine and Medical Education: International perspectives’, Emerald, September 2015
O’ Toole, G. Tsouroufli, M., Fretwell, N. Osgood, J. (2015) Evaluation of the White British Working-Class Achievement pilot, Camden City Council, London, UK
Davies, I., Hampden-Thompson, G., Lord, P. Tsouroufli, M., Sundaram, V., Jeffes, J., Mason, Y., Laycock, H. (2013) Creating Citizenship Communities (10-1102), Esmée Fairbairn Foundation, UK
Jeffes, J., Lord, P., Bramley, G., Davies, I., Hampden-Thompson, G., Tsouroufli, M. and Sundaram, V. (2012) Creating citizenship communities through new approaches to learning survey of school coordinators and leaders on community cohesion and citizenship. Technical Report. University of York, Department of Education
Tsouroufli, M. Mc Eune, R., Payne, H. (2008) ‘A survey of consultant medical teachers’ perceived training needs resulting from Modernising Medical Careers (MMC) and the European Working Time Directive (EWTD)’. Higher Education Academy Subject Centre for Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Medicine, UK
Tsouroufli, M. et al. (2001) ‘Evaluating user- based research methods used in consultation with young people and parents’ Lincoln Careers Service, UK