I am an experienced, senior, nurse with a clinical background in Accident & Emergency and Ophthalmology. I have spent the last 10 years working within the education department of a large, acute NHS Trust and in August 2016 joined the University of Wolverhampton as a senior lecturer in adult nursing. I am passionate about education, and believe that my current role will allow me to prepare, influence and support the healthcare workforce of the future; ensuring high quality, compassionate care for our patients.
Within the last 5 years my roles have included:
• Working collaboratively with a local HEI to achieve validation of a BSc (Hons) ‘top up’ degree, with modules and content developed and delivered within the NHS Trust, and accredited by the HEI. Programme lead for this BSc (Hons) Healthcare Practice degree.
• Project lead for the development of a regional web based resource for clinical skills for all levels of healthcare workers; providing quick, easy access within clinical areas to a library of videos which can be used for revision of skills or as a means to support teaching a skill.
• Educational and module lead within the NHS Trust, responsible for implementing an accredited ‘in house’ post registration Mentor/Assessor course to meet NMC (2008) standards.
• Preceptorship lead within the NHS Trust, responsible for interpreting Government and professional regulatory bodies policy on preceptorship and writing the multi professional Preceptorship policy for the NHS Trust. This included supporting the development of a multi professional preceptorship programme.
• Coordinator of a regional project (CITEC) focused on interprofessional learning for undergraduate healthcare students from 5 different professions.