2nd Year Entry to Nursing - Pre-registration
We welcome applications for second year entry only to the BNurs (Hons) course.
Transfer applicants will need to meet ALL of the following conditions in order to apply:
- Applicants must be studying the same subject (i.e. Nursing) on an NMC accredited course in the UK. If studying Nursing, applicants must be studying the same Field (e.g. Adult Nursing)
- Applicants must have completed all of the first year assessments and modules in their first year including clinical practice.
- Applicants must hold at least level 2 in Mathematics and English.
- Applicants must hold 120 credits at level 4. All applicants will be required to provide evidence of successful completion of first year assessments and modules before they commence the course with the University of Wolverhampton.
- Applicants must be currently studying Nursing and have not have had a break of study.
- Applications for those wish to apply for Children’s Nursing will also be required to undergo and pass a numeracy test
- Applicants must have evidence of clinical hours completed.
- Applicants must complete a satisfactory DBS and Occupational Health Check as a condition of transfer
- References will be provided by the applicant’s personal tutor or nominee from the current University. You would need to submit 2 references, 1 must be an academic reference with your application form. Your application form will not be considered until 2 references have been received).
We accept applications to the 2nd year of our nursing courses as below:
- For September commencement – Applications open from 1st May to 30th June (Applications must be submitted by 30th June)
- For January commencement – Applications open from 1st October to 30th November (Applications must be submitted by 30th November). Please note applications for January 2018 are currently closed.
If you apply in advance of the above dates, please be aware that your application will not be considered until the date shown.
If you have met all of the requirements, applications for second year entry are now only accepted via UCAS, please select second year entry as the starting point.