- Develop, implement and monitor University strategies, policies, and procedures relating to quality assessment and enhancement of: the student academic experience; student outcomes; the standard of awards; and the enhancement of the wider student university experience.
- Develop, implement and monitor regulations and frameworks relating to academic standards, academic awards and credit, academic approval, modification and review.
- Develop, implement and monitor University strategies, policies, and procedures relating the approval of University partnerships and maintain oversight and monitor the University’s partnerships and collaborative provision
- Monitor and disseminate developments and best practice from the sector in relation to quality assessment and the student experience.
- Identify, disseminate and promote good practice from within the University in the enhancement of quality and the student experience.
- Receive, analyse and confirm the status of recommendations of relevant Key Performance Indicators to Academic Board.
- Monitor the University’s engagement with external agencies, including, but not limited to, QAA, HEA, HEFCE, Ofsted, PSRBs and OIA; receive reports and outcomes from visits/assessments/accreditations, oversee the responses made and the delivery of resulting action plans; consider relevant sector consultations and the University’s response.
- Receive and monitor reports from internal quality and enhancement processes, including, but not limited to: continuous monitoring and enhancement; periodic reviews; validation, accreditation, approvals and deletions; external examining; peer review, personal tutoring; the Students’ Union; conduct and appeals; and monitor the effectiveness of resulting action plans.
- Receive and monitor reports on the student experience, including, but not limited to: the Students’ Union; Student Voice activities; student satisfaction surveys; facilities (including student accommodation); Directorate of Academic Support; Office of the Dean of Students; employability; and monitor the effectiveness of resulting action plans.
- Maintain oversight of the University’s publically available information.
- Maintain oversight of the University’s entry requirements and admissions processes.
- Propose time-limited working groups as may be necessary to support the committee in the discharge of its terms of reference.
- Maintain oversight of Sub-Committees and receive their confirmed minutes
Frequency: Minimum 6
Reports to: Academic Board
Receives reports from: Sub-committees (AFRSC, FAECs, PCSC, EESC, RAVSC) and working groups.