The Committee will advise and make recommendations to Faculty Board and the University Academic Enhancement Committee in relation to its remit as outlined in the terms of reference. In respect of the Faculty’s Awards, Credit and Students (at all levels and including collaborative provision) the Committee will:
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of the University’s strategies, policies, and procedures relating to quality assessment and enhancement of: the student academic experience; student outcomes; the standard of awards; and the enhancement of the wider student university experience.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of regulations and frameworks relating to academic standards, academic awards and credit, academic approval, modification and review.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring University’s strategies, policies, and procedures relating the approval of University partnerships and maintain oversight and monitor the Faculty’s partnerships and collaborative provision
- Disseminate developments and best practice from the sector in relation to quality assessment and the student experience.
- Identify good practice within the faculty and disseminate and promote good practice from across the University in the enhancement of quality and the student experience
- Receive and analyse faculty performance on key indicators including, but not limited to, NSS, Good Honours Outcomes, retention and progression data, employability statistics
- Oversee preparations for and monitor the Faculty’s engagement with external agencies, including, but not limited to, QAA, HEA, HEFCE, Ofsted, PSRBs and OIA; receive updates on preparations for visits/assessments/accreditations; receive reports and outcomes from visits/assessments/accreditations and oversee the responses made and the delivery of resulting action plans; consider relevant sector and subject based consultations and the University’s response.
- Receive and monitor Faculty reports from internal quality and enhancement processes, including, but not limited to, continuous monitoring and enhancement, periodic reviews, validation, accreditation, approvals and deletions, external examining, peer review, personal tutoring, Students’ Union and Conduct and Appeals, and monitor the effectiveness of resulting action plans.
- Receive and monitor Faculty reports on the student experience, including, but not limited to, the Students’ Union, Student Voice activities, student satisfaction surveys, facilities (including student accommodation), Directorate of Academic Support, Office of the Dean of Students, employability, and monitor the effectiveness of resulting action plans.
- Maintain oversight of the Faculty’s publically available information.
- Maintain oversight of the Faculty’s entry requirements and admissions processes.
- Propose time-limited working groups as may be necessary to support the committee in the discharge of its terms of reference.
- Maintain oversight of Course Committees, Faculty Council and Faculty Collaborative Management Sub-committee.
Frequency: Minimum 5
Reports to: Faculty Board and University Academic Enhancement Committee
Receives reports from: Course Committees, Faculty Council, Faculty Collaborative Management Sub-committee