City Campus accessibility
Approaching the campus
Visit Map and directions for City Campus(opens in a new window) to find out where we are, how to get here, and to download maps of the campus.
A number of reserved parking spaces are available marked 'SEC'. These are reserved for students who have mobility issues but don't qualify for a permit under the national blue badge scheme.
To register and receive a SEC permit, please contact the Student Support & Wellbeing on 01902 321074 or email@example.com.
Parking locations and available spaces
Spaces are for blue badge holders unless otherwise indicated. Note that some of the car parks are located more than 50 metres away from the buildings.
|Location of car park||Number of spaces|
|West Yard off Wulfruna St
||2 SEC spaces
||2 spaces - Arena Theatre use only
||2 SEC spaces
|Halls of Residence
||6 - for use by resident students
|MH School of Health and Wellbeing and MN Arthur Storer Building (shared car park)
||4 + 2 SEC spaces
||1 SEC space
|| 1 SEC space
Accessibility of buildings
Find out about the accessibility of City Campus buildings, and directions to the lift.
Building and accessibility status
- MA: Lift to all floors
- MB: Lift to all floors
- MC: Lift to all floors
- MD (Learning Centre): Lift to all floors
- MD (Students' Union): Lift to all floors
- MDb: Access to the Sports Hall is via the SU Hub and stair lift
- MG: No wheelchair access
- MH: Lift to all floors
- MI: Lift to all floors
- MK: Lift to all floors
- ML: Lift to all floors
- MN: Lift to all floors
- MX: Lift to all floors
- RMA (halls of residence): Access to reception for accommodation information
- RMA-RMY: Access to ground floor only, apart from RMR lift access to the 4th floor only
- Chaplaincy: Access via ramp
- Bungalow: Access to ground floor via Faith Centre
Directions to the lift
- Arena Theatre: Enter directly off Wulfruna Street. For access within the Arena Theatre contact the staff within the box office when on site.
- MA: From the courtyard, go past the MI Building. The lift is then signposted. From Wulfruna St go past the Arena Theatre. Turn left through the barrier. The lift is on the left.
- MA Act One: Access possible via the Arena Theatre, or by using the lift adjacent to the West Yard gate.
- MB: Through the main doors, straight along the corridor and down the ramp. The lift is directly ahead.
- MC: Through the main doors. Turn right. The lift is on the left.
- MD (Learning Centre): Through the main doors. The lift is on the left hand side.
- MD (Students' Union): Through Fat Mick's Bar. Turn left and left again through the partition doors. Turn right through the fire door and the lift is directly ahead. From the lift, go straight ahead through the fire doors, then turn left by the stairs and left into the Hub.
- MDb: Access to the Sports Hall is via the SU lift, as above. Turn right then left through the doors, then left to the wheel chair lift. The staff in reception have the key to gain access to the lift.
- MG: Not wheelchair accessible.
- MH: Through the main doors. The lift is directly ahead.
- MI: Accessible to all floors via a lift through the main doors. Bear right along the corridor and turn right.
- MK: Through the car park entrance and the lift is on the left hand side. From the ring road entrance, go through the main doors, through the fire doors and the lift is on the right hand side.
- ML: Through the main doors, down the ramp. Turn right and then left.
- MN: Through the main doors into the reception. Ask the receptionsit to give you access through the doors. Go straight along the corridor and the lift is on the right.
- MX: Through the main doors. The lift is straight ahead
Induction loop system
The following rooms have induction loops fitted.
- Arena Theatre reception
- Arena Theatre theatre
- MA reception
- MA030 lecture room
- MA109 (SEBE office)
- MA133 lecture room
- MA202 lecture room
- MB reception
- MC001 lecture theatre
- MD Learning Centre reception
- MD gym
- MD Students’ Union
- MG basement (CDU)
- MK reception
- MK Print Services Unit
- MK Finance Office
- ML reception
- MN reception
- MN lecture theatre
- MX008 (cashiers' office)
- MX lecture theatre
- MX020 teaching room
- MX112 teaching room
- MX118 teaching room
- MH reception (School of Health)
- MH lecture theatre (School of Health)
- RMR reception (Randall Lines)
- RMA main reception (Lomas St)
- RMA second reception (Lomas St)
Minicoms are located in MD Sports Centre.
Note that the University also uses the Deaf Alerter system.
Disabled toilets are located in the following locations:
- MD (Learning Centre): MD017, MD114, MD214 and MD310
- MD (Students' Union): MDb12a and MD055
In case of an emergency evacuation
Can you leave the building unaided in the event of an emergency evacuation?
- Yes - Leave by the nearest available exit and make your way to the Assembly Point
- No - Make your way to your nearest available Refuge Point. Use the communication point to contact Operations Division to tell them where you are, following the instruction notice on the wall.
If you are informed that the evacuation is a real emergency, try to remain calm and await further instructions. This may involve evacuation from the Refuge by trained members of the Operations Team by evacuation chair.
Remember that throughout the emergency you can keep in constant contact with Operations via the Communications point.
If you are informed that the evacuation is a non-emergency situation ie. false alarm, remain where you are and await further instructions from Operations Division staff.
Fire refuge points
- MA123 (two refuge points)
- MA142 by stairs
- MB101 landing, left hand corner
- By stairs to MB Building on first floor
- MB201 landing, left hand corner
- MB301 landing, left hand corner
- MB401 landing, left hand corner
- Main staircase all floors - pink stairs
- MCb12 basement lift
- MC001 pink stairs
- MC122 yellow stairs
- MC138 blue stairs
- MC223 yellow stairs
- MC237 blue stairs
- MC321 yellow stairs
- MC337 blue stairs
- MC412 yellow stairs
- MC423 blue stairs
- MD111b (two refuge points)
- 1st floor balcony area
- 1st floor stairs SU offices
- MD Sports Hall
- Ground floor
- 1st Floor – East/West Staircase
- 2nd Floor – East/West Staircase
- 1st floor by the lift
- By room MI134
- 2nd floor by the lift
- By room MI210
- By room MI217 'Back Door'
- Lower ground floor by the lift
- Ground floor by the lift
- 1st floor by the lift - MK108
- 2nd floor by the lift - MK215
- 3rd floor by the lift - MK311
- 4th floor by the lift - MK411
- 5th floor by the lift - MK518
- 6th floor by the lift - MK612
- Ground floor - next to MX001 to MX004
- Ground floor - next to MX014 to MX028
- 1st floor - next to MX101 to MX108
- 1st floor - next to MX112 to MX118
- 2nd floor - next to MX201 to MX206
- 3rd floor - next to MX301 to MX306
The first aid rooms are located in MA130, MB002, and MD070.
If you require access to First Aid or the assistance of a First Aider or need to report an accident contact City Campus reception or Security. See City Campus contacts for details.