**Up to 24hrs before each appointment you will be asked to complete a CORE form – a link will be emailed to you.
- Once a time for your appointment has been arranged, you will receive an email from us with a link to the chat website, the name of the room you need to use, and a password.
- Up to five minutes before your appointment time you can follow the link in the email to go the chat website http://macchat.unv.wlv.ac.uk/chat71/swf/chat71.swf
- You will be asked to log-in to the website as a ‘guest’. Tick the box marked ‘Guest Login’. You will then need to provide a user name (this can be whatever you want, as long as your counsellor also knows what it is) and your gender. (Please note we have no choice as to these categories as the ‘chatrooms’ are provided externally).
- You will then see a list of rooms, and you should click on the appropriate one. (Even if you accidently picked the ‘wrong’ room you could not gain access to it, as your password only opens ‘your’ room).
- You will be prompted for your password, which you should enter.
- Once in the room, simply type in the box at the bottom of the screen and the conversation between yourself and your counsellor will be displayed on the screen.
- When finished, simply log-out.
Availability for 'real time' counselling