Centre for the History of Retailing and Distribution (CHORD)
The Centre for the History of Retailing and Distribution (CHORD) was set up in September 1998 to give new impetus to the study of the history of retailing and distribution, and to act as a point of contact between scholars - both in Britain and abroad - engaged in research within this field, whatever their period of interest, discipline or methodology.
CHORD builds upon the interests and expertise of a number of scholars in the Centre for Historical Research at the University of Wolverhampton.
To find out more about CHORD visit the Retail History website.
Read our conference blogs
CHORD Conference blogs
- CHORD Conferences: 'Retailing and Distribution before 1600'. 15 September 2016. University of Wolverhampton
- CHORD Workshop: 'Frills and Furbelows? Textile Ornamentation and Dress Adornment in Museums and Historic Houses', 9 June 2016, University of Wolverhampton
- CHORD Workshop : 'Retailing, Distribution and the Family: Historical Approaches', 24 May 2016, University of Wolverhampton
- CHORD 2015 Conference: 'Retailing and Distribution History', 10 September 2015, University of Wolverhampton
- CHORD Workshop: The Creation, Collection and Care of Textiles and Dress in Museums and Historic Houses: Amateurs and Professionals 11th June 2015, University of Wolverhampton
- CHORD Workshop : Rural Retailing and Distrubution in History 13th May 2015, University of Wolverhampton
- CHORD Conference: Retail Work - Historical Perspectives, 11 September 2014, University of Wolverhampton
- CHORD Workshop: Retailing, Commerce and the Human Body: Historical Approaches, 14 May 2014, University of Wolverhampton.
- CHORD Workshop s: Textile Fragments: Incomplete Textiles and Dress in Museums and Historic Houses 12th June 2014
- 5 September 2013 - Retailing and the Senses: Historical Perspectives
- 12 June 2013 - Embellished Textiles: Interpretation and Care of Fine Needlework in Museums and Historic Houses
- 15 May 2013 - Retailing, Shopping and Gender: Historical Approaches
- 5-6 September 2012 - Retailing and Distribution History
- 13 June 2012 - Dress, Textiles and Heritage
- 2 May 2012 - Retailing and Distribution in Hard Times: Historical Perspectives
- 7-8 September 2011 - Food and Beverages: Retailing, Distribution and Consumption in Historical Perpective
- 24 March 2011 - Retailing and Institutions, c.1400-2000
- 7 April 2011 - Distribution: Historical Perspectives, c. 1400-2000
- 8-9 September 2010 - Joint Pasold Research Fund and CHORD conference
- 17 March 2010 - The Retailing and Distribution of Books and Printed Material: Historical Perspectives
- 21 April 2010 - Commerce and Illegality, 1500-2000