All things iPad
Welcome to our iPad webpage, which includes useful resources and guidance on how to connect your device to the University network. Information such as how to access university resources like departmental shared drives, tips on getting the most from your iPad, recommended apps, FAQs, troubleshooting, basically All things iPad.
For advice on ordering iPads please see the IT Services iPad purchasing page.
If your iPad is damaged in anyway, please DO NOT continue to use it (especially if the screen is cracked), as it may explode and cause injury to yourself. Seek assistance from IT Services.
Apple have released an update to the iOS software that runs your iPad and iPhone, the latest version is iOS 8.3
On your iPad go to Settings > General > Software Update in order to download & update your iPad. It is recommended that you plug your iPad in to a power supply whilst the update is being applied.
Recommended Wifi setup
Setting up an iPad to use eduroam
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > select eduroam from the list of networks
- Username: enter your University Email address.
- Password: enter your University IT Account password.
- Select Join.
- Select Accept on the Certificate screen.
- You should now be connected to the eduroam network.
- For any problems connecting to this network, call the IT Service Desk.
WebDav Navigator - Learn how to configure this Free App to access your university 'My Documents'. This App can also be used to access your departmental shared drive.
See this page for details on your departments shared drive URL.
Click to view the Full Apple iPad user guide
Here are a couple of tips to get you started:
- Change your email signature from the default 'Sent from the iPad' to something more useful.
To do this, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Signature and enter a new signature.
- Secure your iPad with a passcode - it is important that you setup a passcode on your iPad, to prevent any unauthorised access to your emails and documents. Follow the video demonstration above on how to do this.
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Can I access Public folders or shared calendars from my iPad?
No not at the moment, when a suitable solution is found, we will update this page.
- I have forgotten my Apple ID password.
The easiest way to reset your Apple ID password is by going to Settings > iTunes & App Stores. Tap on your Apple ID and choose iForgot. You then need to supply your Apple ID email address in order to send a reset email.
- What version of iOS do I have?
You can find your version of iOS by going to Settings > General > About and look for Version.
- I can't connect to WebDav Nav, the internet or access my email.
Have you recently changed your university IT Account password? If you have then you will need to update the passwords stored on your iPad for the Wifi, Email and WebDav Nav.