User Support Service
Practical help and support from trained and experienced IT support staff
The services included are:
- IT Service Desk– a single point of contact for all IT services users providing:
- Logging of all requests for support from staff and students.
- Initial diagnosis and immediate resolution where possible.
- Escalation to other support teams or external parties for resolution where needed.
- Ownership of all calls through to resolution to enable relevant and timely communication with users.
- On Site Support– providing on-site support for IT/telephones including diagnosis, resolution and installation.
- Diagnosis and resolution of computer/telephone related problems.
- Fulfilling desktop related service requests.
- Installation, relocation and configuration of software, hardware and peripherals.
- Hardware upgrades and replacements of student PCs.
- AV (Audio Visual) Telephone Hotline– support for classroom based learning technology.
- Priority support request service available in IT Services supported teaching rooms with fixed AV equipment/teaching technology.
- Blended Learning Support– single point of contact for academic colleagues when developing or using blended learning materials, including how-to queries, pedagogic advice and technical support for standard supported learning technology.
- Service Desk logging of all requests for support.
- First Line resolution provided by trained Service Desk staff.
- Escalation/referral to Blended Learning Unit when appropriate.
- Escalation to other support teams for resolution when needed.
- Escalation to suppliers/3rd party support when needed.
- Provision and update of online self help materials.
To contact the IT Service Desk please call (01902) 322000 or extension 2000.