Annual Employment & Volunteering Awards 2017
Recognising achievements of students and graduates beyond the curriculum.....
Nominations for 2017 awards are now CLOSED.
About the Awards | Categories | Overview | How to Nominate | Key Dates | SEOTY Award | Volunteering Award | Contact Us |
About the Awards
Students and graduates of our University make a valuable contribution to society and businesses by undertaking a range of extra-curricular activities including part-time jobs, volunteering, work experience opportunities, placements and internships. Whilst these activities help to enhance their employability, through their dedication and hard work they contribute immensely to society and the economy.
Over the years that 'The Workplace' at the University of Wolverhampton has been organising these awards, we have received great enthusiasm and interest from students, graduates and employers alike. This is evident from the fact that every year our awards have grown. These awards are a celebration and an opportunity for inspiring other students to make use of the excellent services offered at the University to plan for a successful and rewarding future post graduation.
This year we have the following award categories and nominations are invited for the open categories:
- Student Part-time Awards - Student Employee of the Year Award (SEOTY) - CLOSED
- Student Volunteering Awards - CLOSED
- Student Placement of the Year Award - CLOSED
- SPEED PLUS Business of the Year - CLOSED
- Graduate Awards - including Graduate Intern of the Year (UoW and Non-UoW) - CLOSED
- Recognition for other achievements that do not require any nominations include graduates completing the Mobility programme (completing graduate placements in Europe and beyond) and students completing the University of Wolverhampton Employability and Enterprise Award or students completing the University of Wolverhampton Volunteering Certificate (Gold and Excellence categories only).
Overview of the process
- Nominations are invited for open categories by filling in the relevant form that you wish to nominate the person for.
- All nominations once received will be considered by independent panels that have been formed for each of the categories.
- A short list of nominees will be invited to the Awards Ceremony on the 28 April 2017 to be hosted by Jon Elsmore, Dean of Students.
- Award Winners to be announced and presented with trophies and certificates at the ceremony.
How to Nominate
- Read the Guidance Notes for the award that you wish to nominate for that are available on the individual award webpages.
- Email the completed form to the contact person as mentioned on the form before the closing date.
- For any enquiries about the awards please contact the relevant member of staff (Student Awards - T: 01902 323 400 , Volunteering Awards - T: 01902 322 900 and Graduate Awards - T: 01902 321 691, Placement Awards - T: 01902 321 457)
Closing date for submitting Nominations for Student Part-time Awards
19 April 2017
Closing date for submitting Nominations for all other categories
24 March 2017
28 April 2017
Please contact us if you have any further questions about any of the award categories: