Getting the most out of the Recruitment Fair
The Careers, Enterprise and The Workplace is here to help you get the most from the Annual Recruitment Fair 2017.
Prepare for the Fair
There are several things you should consider before the fair.
- Ensure your CV is in tip-top shape. Get help from the University's Careers Centre and read our leaflet Your CV (PDF - opens in new window);
- Bring several copies of your CV with you to the fair as copying facilities will not be available;
- Dress appropriately – remember you could be talking to your future employer!
- Think carefully about what skills you have and what you can offer to a company;
- Practise how you will introduce yourself to employers;
- Keep checking this website for information on the latest exhibitors and the opportunities they have on offer, so you can make sure you plan your time well and carry out research on the organisations that interest you;
- Plan your travel arrangements to make sure you allow yourself at least a couple of hours at the event. The university’s free bus service is available to current students and will be operating between Telford, Walsall and City campuses;
- Keep an open mind and consider all the options available.
Help on the day
We will be at the fair to help you get the most from your engagement with employers. You will be able to:
- Get help from careers professionals on how to make the best use of the Recruitment Fair;
- Get information and help with your career planning;
- Get your CV checked by a Careers Adviser;
- Come to one of our careers workshops on applications and interviews;
- Meet The Workplace team to help with your job search;
- Talk to Active Volunteers about how volunteering can help your employability and career plans.
For international students
International students are of course welcome to the fair. As well as following the advice above, please see our additional information for international students.