Caparo Innovation Centre
The Caparo Innovation Centre (CIC) is a collaboration between Caparo plc and the Faculty of Science and Engineering which provides new product development services to businesses and independent inventors.
Based at the Wolverhampton Business Solutions Centre, the CIC is staffed by a team of product and business development professionals covering the critical range of engineering, marketing, design and business skills.
- £1.1m partnership between industry and higher education
- The UK's only open innovation centre for independent inventors
- Commercial reviews of over 1,000 inventions
- In excess of 50 consultancy reports for industry
- Business Collaboration of the Year Award 2013
- Winner of the 'Innovation for Environmental Sustainability' 2011 Lord Stafford Award (Environtile)
- Winner of the Open Collaboration category at the 2010 Lord Stafford Awards
- Finalist in the Business Support of Universities category at The Engineer Technology and Innovation Awards 2008 – sponsored by BAE Systems
- Finalist in the Achievement in Innovation category at The Lord Stafford Awards 2009 (Caparo Rightfuel)
- Double Gold Award Winner in the Industrial Innovation category at the British Invention of the Year Awards 2008 – Alexandra Palace, London (Caparo Rightfuel)
- Successful provider of innovation support via European Funded programmes since 2006
Our services are targeted at two distinct groups: individual inventors and businesses involved in new product introduction.
We offer a comprehensive range of Services for Businesses involved in new product development.
Our Help for Inventors service is specifically designed for inventors who would like assistance in developing and commercialising their new product ideas.