Dr Tracy Warr
|Name||Dr Tracy Warr|
|Job Title||BTUK Co-director and Reader in Neuro-Oncology|
BSc (Leeds), PhD (Swansea)
- Understanding the genetic mechanisms that drive brain tumour development in paediatric and adult patients.
- Identification of robust predictive markers of clinical outcome, including malignant progression, tumour recurrence, response to therapy and overall patient survival.
- Understanding the molecular basis of chemotherapeutic resistance and identifying and validating novel therapeutic targets for clinical intervention.
Membership of Learned Societies
- British Neuro-oncology Group (now Society)
- Society for Neuro-oncology
- United Kingdom Environmental Mutagenicity Society
Membership of Committees
- Ali’s Dream Scientific and Medical Advisory Board
- British Neuro-oncology Group Committee 1988-1998; Secretary 1990-1996
- British Neuro-oncology Society Council 1999-present
- National Cancer Research Network Brain Tumour Study Group Translational Research Sub-group 2006 - present