A practicing architect for 25 years, Sabah moved to academia graduating firstly with a Diploma in Architecture before completing his PhD. He has taught architecture for 30 years, initially overseas and now in the UK as Professor of Architecture at The University of Wolverhampton, through them he conducted the post of the Head of Schools of Architecture and Design in many countries of the Middle East.
Concentrating mainly on the fields of architecture, environmental and sustainable design, construction and architectural education, he has eight books published, as well 2 textbooks, and about 80 research papers in refereed journals and conferences. He has produced several research reports, and compiled national and international presentations.
Sabah has served several national and international scientific bodies, such as the United Nations Environment Program UNEP, and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization UNESCO.
He has worked as a consultant for the governments of Holland, Germany, UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq he served as a member of seven Editorial Boards of International Journals.
Professor Mushatat is the organiser of the prestigious Ajman International Urban Planning Conference (AIUPC), which is held every year in UAE, also the prestigious Qatar Urbanism Forum in MIPIM (The World's Leading Real Estate Exhibition and conference), that been held in Palais de Fastivals –Cannes, France.
Publications (Last 5 years)
- Mushatat, S., Bin Omair, M., (2015), Planning for Event Cities, AIUPC7 Nielsen Publications, UK, ISBN 978- 0-9563748-1-3
- Mushatat, S., (2015), Concepts for Event City, Nielsen Publications, UK, ISBN 978- 0-9563748-2-0
- Mushatat, S., Bin Omair, M., (2013), City & Security, Nielsen Publications, UK, ISBN 978- 0-9563748-0-6
- Boudiaf,B,Mushatat ,S(2011), Towards A Responsive Environment: Towards Eco-cultural Cosmology Adaption and Natural Processes Representation of the Environment, ISSN 2046-6099 , LAMBERT, Frankfurt
Papers In Journals, and Proceedings of International Conferences
- Al Shamsi,H., Chinyio,E., Mushatat,S., Oloke,D. , (2016), The Implementation And Assessment Of Distributed Leadership In UAE Construction , Int. Conference of The Sustainability of the Surveying Professions and the National Development in the 21st Century Commonwealth Association of Surveying & Land Economy (CASLE), pp65-75, ISBN: 2674-4873 .
- Alqahtani,F., Chinyio,E., Mushatat,S., Oloke,D. , (2016),The Links Between The Values of Abu-Dhabi Police and The Competencies of Their Project Manager.,Journal of Engineering and Architecture, American Research Institute for Policy Development, 3(2), pp. 157-169, ISSN: 2334-2994 .
- Ibrahim, R., Mushatat,S., Abdelmonem, MG.,(2015),City Profile: Erbil, Cities 49, Elsevier,(2015) 14–25, ISSN: 0264-2751
- Alqahtani,F.,.,Chinyio, Mushatat,S E.,Oloky,D.,(2015),Factors Effecting Performance of Projects: A Conceptual Framework, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 6, Issue 4, 670-677 ISSN 2229-5518
- Renukappa, S., Egbu, C., Suresh , S., Mushatat, S., (2015), Drivers for managing sustainability-related knowledge within selected UK industrial sectors: an empirical study, Journal of Management, Procurement and Law, Institute of Civil Engineers ,168(2): 67–76,ISSN: 1751-4304
- Al Junaibi,M., Georgakis,P., Mushatat,S., (2015), The Impact Of Speed Cameras in The Frequency And Severity of Accidents in Abu Dhabi Highways, 2nd International Road Fedralation Congress IRF, Istanbul Turkey
- Al Junaibi,M., Georgakis,P., Mushatat,S., (2014),The Relationship Between the Use of Traffic Safety Technologies & the Drivers Behavior in Abu Dhabi Highways, 1st International Road Federation Congress IRF, Bali, Indonesia
- Al-Thahab,A.,Mushatat,S.,Abdelmonem,MG,(2014), Between Tradition and Modernity: Determining Spatial Systems of Contemporary Iraq, International Journal of Architectural Research, Volume 8 - Issue 3 - November 2014 - (238-250), ISSN 1938 7806
- Harding,J., Suresh, S., Renukappa,S., Mushatat,S.,(2014),Do Building Information Modelling Applications Benefit Design Teams into Achieving BREEAM Accreditation, Journal of Construction and Engineering, Voloume 2014,ISSN 2356-7295
- Gandakari, T., Fotios,S.,Mushatat,S.,Newman,R.(2012),,Economic Sustainability of Intelligent Building, Intelligent Buildings International Journal, ISSN 1756-6932
- Gandakari,T.,Mushatat,S.,Newman,R.,(2012), Can Intelligent Buildings lead us to a Sustainable development, International Journal of Engineering, Project, and Production Management (accepted for publishing), ISSN 2046-6099 Emerald
- Saoud R. , Mushatat, S,(2012),The Politics of Urban Form: Society and Space in Post Colonial North African Cities, Lonaard ‐ Vol.1 Issue 5 , pp 135-160 , , ISSN 2045-8150
- Ibrahim,R.,Mushatat,S.,Abdelmonem,MG, (2014), Authenticity, Identity and Sustainability in Post-war Iraq: Reshaping the Urban Form of Erbil City,Journal of IslamicArchitecture,Volume3,Issue2,(58-68), ISSN, 2356-4644
- -Gadakari, T., Mushatat, S., and Newman, R. (2014). Intelligent Buildings: Key to Achieving Total Sustainability in the Built Environment. Journal of Engineering, Project, and Production Management, 4(1), 2-16, ISSN 2223-8379
- Boudiaf,B., Mushatat,S.,(Alkhalidi ,A., 2103),The Root of the Problem: The Bad, the Ugly and the Good, Lonaard ‐ Vol.3 Issue 15 , pp 35-60 , , ISSN 2045-8150
Mushatat,S, Boudiaf,B.,(2011), From the Sustainable Culture to the Culture of Sustainability, Lonaard ‐ Vol.1 Issue 2 , pp 95-108 , ISSN 2045-8150