Journals (include web links if applicable)
Books/Book Chapters (include ISBN numbers)
- Book Chapter; Bell, S. Saxon, A. Chapter 12 Supporting the UK patient with a long term condition: policy strategy, education and tele-health pp 153-165 In Kumar, S. Snooks, H (eds) (2011) 1st Telenursing. Springer
- Lillyman, S and Saxon A (eds) (2008). Community Matron: Caring for people with Long Term Conditions. Mark Allen Publisher: Dinton
- “Educational Support for Discharge planning” Chapter 3, Pages 39-56, Cited in Lees L (2006) Nurse Facilitated Hospital Discharge, M&K Update Ltd. Keswick.
- Saxon A (2008) Continuing professional development online, leadership for health care professionals. www.atlasmr.com
- Saxon A & Lillyman S (2011) Advanced Assessment skills for patients with Long term conditions. M&K update. Keswick
Practitioner Publications and Reports
- Lillyman S, Saxon A and Rawstorne D (2008). University of life or Academia? An evaluation of students accessing a post graduation programme without meeting current academic entry criteria. Journal of Nursing Management
- Lillyman S and Saxon A (2007) Much more research is needed before we write off community matrons. Hot Topic. Nursing Times 103(21) 12
- Reginet / Staff Nurse Development Programme February 1999
- British Journal Community Health Nursing July 1996 volume 1 number 3 pg141-146 “Evaluation of a leg ulcer clinic”
- Developing online discussion forum for Mentorship students in British forces German Health service, March 2005 UCE Birmingham.
- June 2011, Health and Social care conference University of Wolverhampton “Delivering Care Closer to Home: Using a hub and spoke model across four health economies to develop a workforce fit for the 21st Century” Workshop presentation Wolverhampton, UK.
- March 2011, BASW England Annual Study Day and AGM Birmingham, “A collaborative model for workforce transformation” presentation, Birmingham, UK
- Feb 2011, Excellence out of Adversity: Innovative ways of supporting the health and social care workforce conference. Paper with Dr Robin Gutteridge and Dr Mahua Das “ A collaborative model for workforce Transformation” Glasgow,UK
- October 2009, Exploring the experiences of patients with Long term conditions who have been case managed. ( joint presentation with Sue Lillyman) 15th Annual Qualitative Health Research Conference, Vancouver, Canada
- May 2009, University of Wolverhampton. RE Group Seminar. “Measuring up the Wolves way”. Care closer to home project Service evaluation.
- November 2008 11th Annual Conference of the UK Federation of Primary Care Research Organisations and 2nd Joint conference of the UK Primary Care Research Network Cambridge, UK improving Patient Outcomes with Research, A Qualitative study : Case management
- October 2008, Evidence based practice, Eindhoven, Holland ( Joint presentation with Sue Lillyman)
- June 2008, Advancing nursing practice for patients with long term conditions. 1st Biennial International Evidence Based Nursing Conference. Advancing Nursing Practice through evidence. Malaysia (joint presentation with Sue Lillyman
- June 2008, ‘Creating Opportunities for Collaborative Research in health and Social Care’ Research: Everybody’s Business. University of Wolverhampton. Workshop presentation. (joint presentation with H Treml and Sue Lillyman)
- April 2008, University of Life or Academia? Challenges for practitioners and
- Educationalists in developing and advancing nursing roles. 7th European Regional Conference of the Commonwealth Nurses’ Federation; Malta. (Joint presentation with Sue Lillyman).
- April 2008, Meeting the challenges of caring for patients with long-term conditions through the development of a programme for case managers/community matrons. 7th European Regional Conference of the Commonwealth Nurses’ Federation. Malta. (Joint presentation with Sue Lillyman).
- July 2007, RCN Joint Education Forum Conference, 5th-7th July 2007, Brighton Racecourse, Conference paper, Evaluating case management, Brighton,UK
- November 2006, UCE Birmingham, Research conference, developing the role of the case manage, Birmingham, UK.
- June 2006, Heart of England NHS Trust, ’Shaping the future of Nursing’, June 2006 developing competence for case mangers, Shaping Primary Care R&D, Birmingham, UK.
- May 2007, AQA Access to HE Conference, 1st May 2007 Edgbaston Cricket ground Conference paper Keynote Address, “Applying for Nursing Courses” Current issues, Birmingham, UK