Fashion and Textiles facilities
- domestic and industrial sewing machines and overlockers
- a designated pattern cutting area and industry steam press
- dye facilities for both hot and cold water dyes and print pastes and a double bed heat press;
- hand screen print facility supported by a Mimaki digital textile printer.
Other specialist equipment includes:
- a facility to tuft full scale rugs including a comb winder
- access to laser cutting facilities
- a full set of millinery equipment
- computerised embroidery machinery
- knitting machines
CAD labs are equipped with specialist software including Wilcom for carpet design and Lectra for fashion and textile design, as well as staple design software packages such as Photoshop and Illustrator.