University Student Affairs Committee
The University Student Affairs Committee (USAC) is responsible for providing advice, guidance and recommendations on all aspects of the student life cycle.
- To recommend ways of ensuring high standards in the overall student experience and support for the whole student population.
- To review progress on objectives from the strategic plan in matters as related to student affairs.
- To monitor and discuss developments in the sector, as related to student affairs and make recommendations on strategy and policy.
- To recommend ways to develop the "University Community" and integration with the wider community.
- To enable our diverse students to access and achieve a set of understandings, skills and personal attributes which will enhance achievement and employment.
- To monitor the quality of communication with the students.
Meeting Schedule and Minutes 2011-2012
Only confirmed minutes appear here. For the availability of unconfirmed minutes, please consult the Committee Officer.
- Ms Jane Nelson, PVC Student Affairs (Chair)
- Ms Sue Rapp, PA to Dean of Students (Officer)
- Mr Colin Addy, Director IT Services
- Mr Alex Blower, VP, SU Activites
- Dr Glynis Cousin, Director of ILE
- Mr Jon Elsmore, Dean of Students (Deputy Chair)
- Ms Annette Fitzpatrick, SAS
- Ms Jo Gittens, Director, International Office
- Mr Henry Gun-Why
- Mr Ken Harris, President, Studnets' Union
- Mr Ian Hart, Associate Dean, Education Partnerships
- Mr Luke Hill, STech
- Dr Josh Johnson, Governor
- Mr Colin Laing, UWBS
- Ms Gina Masters, Assistant Registrar
- Ms Ellen Marshall, VP, SU welfare and Campaigns
- Ms Fiona Parsons, Director LIS
- Ms Ann Philp, SHaW
- Prof Ian Sillitoe, Associate Dean, Graduate School
- Vacancy - Dean's Group
- Vacancy - Staff Representative
- Vacancy - Student Representative